My two were born at 38 weeks and we were very lucky they were able to come home 3 days later and from then on they have been in the same room. I had them in the same cot until 2 months but my two are HUGE (even for single babies) so we put them in separate cots then. To be honest I never ever use my change table, I always change them on the lounge or rug on the floor. I'd say my top 10 essentials would be -
* Bibs and burping clothes - just the cloth nappy sort (plenty)
* Swings (I had the fisher price my little lamb's x 2 - pricey BUT I got 2 second hand on Ebay, WONDERFUL investments!!!!!!!)
* Play Gyms (Ebay, don't feel you need brand new ones)
* Bottles (I didn't breastfeed my twins so I had about 15 bottles (no joke )
* Electric Sterilizer (Again - only because I bottle fed)
* Wraps (heaps and heaps of these, all different thickness and material)
* A side by side double pram (I have a Bugaboo Donkey - in my opinion, too fancy shmancy and I'd rather a City Mini Double pram)
* A diary to take note of feeds (handy if you have two of the same sex bubs) but still I recorded both my bubs feeds for upto 1 month after we got them home to make sure they both were on the right track and in those first few months even though I had one of each I still got confused with who had what and when.
* Dummies - I have so many of these because magically they all dissapear when I am looking for them, I keep a set of them stashed away in most of the rooms
I didn't have the bubs co sleep in our room but always left their door open so I could hear them if they woke during the night, they went straight into cots and I bipassed the bassinets.
It's all individual I guess, you just sort of work it out as you go
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 16 of 16
01-05-2012 15:19 #11Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
01-05-2012 15:30 #12
Pram was my main thing, best to start with a decent pram.
01-05-2012 15:46 #13
These guys will doing this pram for up to 50% off on the 10th may.
01-05-2012 18:12 #14Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
Ohh u little ripper!!!
I was set on a city select , only reason being is they can face eachother... Is that a PRO or CON??!!
01-05-2012 18:20 #15
We have the ABC Designs Zoom tandem pram - love it.
The main reason I got it was the kids can face each other. I liked that they could face together, away from each other. It's a plus in my mind.
13-09-2012 18:11 #16Junior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
By angenrod in forum angenrodReplies: 8Last Post: 25-10-2012, 09:57
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
LATESTGames to play with your baby – newborn to 12 monthsHow much food for babies and toddlers? Standard serves and portion sizesHow to mindfully manage a tantrum
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat
Finding My Cooking MojoGeneral Chat
Booster seat for 7+Safety Issues
Has anyone had success on First or Second Cycle of Donor IUI?Non-IVF fertility assistance
Being a foster carerFoster carers, kinship carers & grandparent carers
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
What do you use to listen to music?Product Recommendations & Questions
First world problems.General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation