+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What would you make of this?

So I live in a complex of 5. 2 of the units face the main street and the rest of us have a driveway that faces a lane. So that's where we put our bins for the weekly pickup. Sometimes they forget cause its a laneway and we have to ring them up. Twice a year in WA we have a bulk rubbish collection and we can put big items to be collected. The council forgot our pile and I rang . A week later and we are still waiting. One of the tenants (there are two other houses in the laneway ) had just moved in and put a pile of boxes on the pile . Fair enough.

It was very windy and wet yesterday and lots of rubbish had blown into the driveway and one of my unit neighbors carport. He wasn't home. I started putting the rubbish into what I thought was my bin on the side of the laneway (today is normal bin pick up day) and the neighbor in the house closest to us ( who I have never seen before) comes out and rudely asks me if I am right putting stuff in her bin. She was o rude and nasty that I replied that the bin actually belongs to the council and I explained what I was doing . She rudely said that the rubbish belonged to the new tenant so he should clean it up. I said that the rubbish belonged also to me and the other neighbours. She then rudely asked if anyone had rang the council and I informed her I had. She then acted throughout he convo as though it was me being aggressive when in actual fact she confronted me. I asked her what difference it makes what bin it goes into . I then put the rest in my bin. She stood there and watched me and after a while I told her to go away. This morning I looked out at my bin and it was overflowing. I squashed all the stuff down and it got emptied. I bought it back down to the carport and a little while later went o put some rubbish in it. There was a bag of rubbish in it full of soft drink bottles . Not mine. Do people seriously act this way ?

Is there something I'm missing? I was just trying o be helpful and tidy and this happens? Is there a bin etiquette ? Honestly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd take the empty bottles of soft drink out and cash them in at recycling depot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's clearly weird beard. You were trying to do the right thing and I don't know what she's trying to do. I'd steer clear, some people just want an excuse to bitsh and moan.
    Last edited by babyla; 19-04-2012 at 12:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's very odd. People are so funny about their bins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    That's very odd. People are so funny about their bins.
    She's obviously very attached to hers.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Go empty it on her front step with a note saying "do it again and I will dump more then this on your door step". Lol.

Actually I worked for a skip bin company and one bloke was abusing the service and not paying for his bin. So we dumped it on his driveway behind his car. All 8 tonne of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

happygirl1982  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Your neighbour has an unhealthy obsession with her bin, that's what I make of it!

Seriously, if that's a big deal for her then god help her if a genuine crisis occurs. Sheesh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    God. I feel for you living so close to someone like that.

This is a prime example of why I would love to live in a shack and never have to interact with other humans sometimes.