I can't believe how uneducated alot of ppl still are about Pertussis. It is a known FACT that the majority of babies catch it off of close family and friends and or parents NOT other children .. It is recommended for all people who are TTC as you would certainly not want to be the person to give it to your newborn.
***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***
+ Reply to Thread
Results 21 to 30 of 31
18-04-2012 21:06 #21
18-04-2012 21:09 #22
18-04-2012 21:11 #23
Women are actually encouraged to have this vaccine before pregnancy. I would do it. Not just for your friend, but for you as well. Have some serology done to see what else you need vaccinations for. Maybe your rubella immunity has dropped and that could be dangerous to your baby before birth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:
19-04-2012 01:11 #24
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasssssy For This Useful Post:
Ali G (19-04-2012)
19-04-2012 01:46 #25Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
Get it. It nearly killed my baby when she was 7 weeks old. My heart breaks and I son every time I see her tiny body fighting so hard just to breathe. Please please do it. (my mum gave it to my daughter so it is passed on by family members)
19-04-2012 03:56 #26
I agree with the posts that say just go and get it! You are TTC anyway its true you should have had it before falling pregnant.
We also asked anyone who wanted to hold our babies if they were vaxxed, and anyone who said no wasn't holding the baby. I have no doubt some would say this is over zealous but I don't care! In NSW The government are even sending out a caution to all new parents on the dangers of WC, we got one for our 5 week old when he was about 3 weeks old. This is a real problem.
statistics show 60% of babies that catch it catch it from a parent or carer. So that leaves 40% who catch it from transient visitors such as yourself who would be spending some time with this baby.
The reality is Whooping cough has claimed lives! I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for passing that onto any one but a baby, that would be just awful!!
19-04-2012 06:35 #27Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
I have asked people who want to see our child before 6w to have the vax. Personal choice but having had whopping cough I wouldn't wish it in anyone. Some are ok with it, others aren't but it's our choice and we are sticking to it.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
19-04-2012 07:06 #28
It's not possible to get the vaccine as an adult in Scotland so my parents could only get it when they arrive which I figure is prob too late for it to be effective anyway....?
19-04-2012 07:15 #29
19-04-2012 07:46 #30
They had more luck going straight to the GPs than speaking to a nurse and receptionists about it, so they might have to make a couple of appointments, one to discuss, and then one for the vax.
The surgery will need to order the vax from a chemist, and then the customer has to take it to the GP for storage. It took a week or 2 for the vaccine to arrive from the supplier so they should allow several weeks for the whole process.
I was pretty insistent that everyone got vaxxed before visiting.
By CRCR in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 17Last Post: 17-07-2012, 10:59
By happygirl1982 in forum News & Current AffairsReplies: 20Last Post: 09-05-2012, 17:07
By LittleDove in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 26Last Post: 19-04-2012, 18:29
Baby SensoryBaby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Cashless society - all for it, or disagree?General Chat
Funniest thing your kid has said to youGeneral Chat
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination
Menevit versus Blackmores Conceive Well MenConception & Fertility General Chat
Separation anxiety at daycare - 20 month oldToddlers (1 year olds)
Suspected endometriosis with no symptoms?Endometriosis Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat