Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, but then again, I'm one of those mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *sigh* another thread going to poo!

Anyways to answer the OPs question....I dont think any less or hateful thoughts about the good looking mums. I am one of those in the daggy trackies, thongs and comfy tops as its was it easier when BFing bubs and getting up and down on the floor all teh time.

I dont put on makeup as bubs seems to smear it all over my face so its easier without it.

There are a couple of mums at school that do the full face and hair and very expensive clothes and heels and I wonder how on earth they find the time to do that, to look that good like they are about to go out.

I simply dont have the time...wish I did but its not a priority.

So do I hate you for looking good? Nope....may be jealous but I dont hate you.

Guest Guest
    I will go against the grain here and be completely honest. Sometimes I do judge a mum who wears make up heels and has fake nails, only because I think 'how do you get the time every morning'? 'how do you walk around in those blardy shoes pushing a pram'? And 'how do you change nappies with those nails'?
    I mean whatever floats your boat of course but I really like the look of a casual mum with awesome jeans and sneakers that you can tell looks after herself but not superficially iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    see you could look at the mums in trackies and no makeup and be just as jealous..

Theres a woman who is obviously so loved she doesnt have to "pretty" herslef up to be noticed or valued.

Thats awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't look down on anyone by the way they are dressed.
    I don't get why anyone one would.

We need variety in life. Life would be so boring if we valued the same things.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-04-2012),Janesmum123  (18-04-2012),NancyBlackett  (18-04-2012),SugarSkull  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I don't look down on anyone by the way they are dressed.
    I don't get why anyone one would.

We need variety in life. Life would be so boring if we valued the same things.
    Beautifully said = )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    so true loving6..I think that comes from being comfortable with who you are.

When I was younger, I was so obsessed with how people looked..and now I really really do not care.
    You only care loads about other appearance when you are not 100% happy inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    see you could look at the mums in trackies and no makeup and be just as jealous..

Theres a woman who is obviously so loved she doesnt have to "pretty" herslef up to be noticed or valued.

Thats awesome.
    My DH kisses the ground I walk on. We have a strong and loving marriage and he tells me I'm sexy and beautiful every day. I also love the person I am. I love the way I look and I love my personality, yet I still wear makeup and when I go out to dinner, I love dark smokey eyes, lipstick, fake lashes, the lot. It doesn't mean I want to be noticed or valued. I do it because I enjoy it, I love it. I love makeup. I also love tattoos and art, so in a way,I see makeup as art = )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sigh..

My post didnt say that you do need to pretty yourself up, just that
    you can find jealousy or beauty anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    My DH kisses the ground I walk on. We have a strong and loving marriage and he tells me I'm sexy and beautiful every day. I also love the person I am. I love the way I look and I love my personality, yet I still wear makeup and when I go out to dinner, I love dark smokey eyes, lipstick, fake lashes, the lot. It doesn't mean I want to be noticed or valued. I do it because I enjoy it, I love it. I love makeup. I also love tattoos and art, so in a way,I see makeup as art = )

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt judge anyone at all that they are vain or anything like that. If people want to look a certain way, whether that is nail polish, or goth or hippy or whatever thats fine! I dont think the replies in the other thread were attacks, I think they were defence to the OPs words which came across as "Im so much better than you"

But when I had a smaller baby Id see mums with nice hair and think 'I guess they dont have a reflux baby!" I wished my hair looked like theirs instead of a mop. Its not always as easy as just 'making time', there are lots of circumstances.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456