ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default If you see another Mum looking good, do you judge her, negatively?

It just got me thinking after reading the comments on the other thread about the amount of time one Mum spent "looking after herself" which equated to making an effort with her appearance, and some took offence and seemed to attack her for the comments.

I would say I make a moderate attempt to look ok, most days. I generally apply a little makeup and I try to have my hair nice. It just makes me feel better. I also try to look after my health, so I'm not overweight at all and probably pretty fit.

I have noticed I have often received comments from other mums (as school) about how I "look nice, you do so well" etc etc, when I don't think it's a big deal. I think I probably get it more since I have 5 kids and people assume you just can't be bothered anymore kwim?

So, would you judge me because I wear makeup and "make an effort"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Nope. I think 'good on her for making time for herself'!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post

So, would you judge me because I wear makeup and "make an effort"?
    Nope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope! I'm probably thinking "I wish I could do my hair like that"... or "hmmm did I remember to take the chicken out for dinner??"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No. I couldn't care less what you look like. If you're a b!tch then I'll have a problem. But that goes without saying regardless if your clothes/hair/makeup. Plus everyone's definition of nice is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I was beginning to wonder whether people were thinking mean thoughts and I'd been completely oblivious LOL.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    As I said in the other thread, I'm just not a girly-girl so I'm one of those women who is usually without make up and less than perfect hair. Would I judge you for looking good? No. I don't go around in life assessing people, it most likely wouldn't even register with me. The only time it would register is if it were an extreme scenario. A few years ago I was in Brisbane mall and I noticed a school boy with some friends (about 12 years of age) being picked up by his mother. HIs mother had teeny denim shorts where parts of her buttocks were visible, stilleto high shoes, bair midriff and teeny top exposing a whole lot of clevage, platinum blonde hair and a mass of make up and big dangly earrings. The poor boy was getting harassed by his peers because of what his mother looked like, I felt really sorry for him. To be clear, I don't disaapprove of the way his mother dressed because she is a mother, I just dissapprove of teh way she dressed because it looked awful and she was completely oblivious of the grief this was causing her son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldnt judge you at all! I would be thinking good on u! I like to look at other mums who are like you and use it as motivation to put more effort into ME. Ive slipped into a rutt where im not taking care of myself and it would be nice to feel great about myself again so I say good on u!

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I would like to think that I'm not shallow enough to make assumptions or judgements about a woman based on her appearance. So no judgywudgy here!

Plus I think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that jaz.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast