+ Reply to Thread
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Just pondering, felt like a vent if anyone would like to listen =) Poss TMI?! Unsure

Hey Everyone,

**WARNING MINI NOVEL ALERT**

I have an 8 mo old DD and didn't BF. I didnt get my period until very late Dec when she was almost 5 months old. Since then, its been sort of monthly. Around the same days and predictable. However flow rate has varied.

Anywho, due to Feb and its shortness of days my monthlies were due this month approx Apr 1st. It was then around my pill went to sugar tablets as well and I anticipated their arrival around the 2nd or 3rd. Anywho, they didn't arrive but I had a day of cramps etc just nothing. About the 4th/5th I had very light sort of spotting that hung around for only about a day or two.

This got me wondering if I was pregnant.... And it was just bugging me heaps. But I decided to wait until my monthlies were due next before testing incase it was just a light period.

Lately Ive been tired, irritated and quite run down for no reason.

So anywho, yesterday a period type showed up, not overly heavy. Sort of mid range, but alot of clotting. Ive had a fair bit of cramping like pain but its not really been my back or anything as normal. Its all been in my uterine area (kind of how I felt after having DD)... Which my monthlies normally consist of back pain and headaches thats about all.

It just made me wonder if this really is a period or if its miscarraige.

The miscarraige thought, sort of made me feel a little bummed out if it was.

See my brain is over thinking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I *think* if your miscarrying you'd still get a positive pregnancy test. I don't have any first hand experience with m/c though - I hope that's not what you're going through xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So if I was to grab a test it should theoretically speaking show up pos? (IF and thats a big IF I was miscarrying) I might do that when DP gets paid. I just told him my thoughts. It was such an awkward conversation....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure the hcg stays in your system for a while even after a mc - I think I read that somewhere, as it can be confusion for someone who wants to ttc again straight after a mc. BUT I could be wrong.

Yeah I can just imagine my DH's reaction if I tried to explain this possible situation to him! :-S

Thanks
    Reviews
    He just looked at me and said "go to the doctors...", he just looked a little lost for words. I'm not even sure he processed what I said.

I'm glad I could get it off my chest though, my thoughts that is. The whole things been bugging me.