+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and mil was there when ds was born but we didn't get any help.

I used to be in tears to dp on the phone every day saying ' I can't do this', he would come home when he could. I was a train wreck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your replies ladies. Some gave me warm fuzzies some made me want to cry. Dam hormones

I really appreciate having my mum help me so much when she can. Even more so when I hear from people who don't have any help. I couldn't imagine not having any support with a new baby it would be very hard.

My SIL how ever gets plenty of help as my mum is 5 min away and has my nieces and nephews stay every second wk end and can drop them at mums when ever they need a break. My mum helps her a lot even though SIL is very rude to her.

My mum and I are very close and I am her only daughter and she loves to come stay with me and help me out . I hope if one day I have a daughter I can do the same for her.

I think she is just a very jealous and selfish person who can't be happy for any body else's fortune.
    Like you said Berylsmum she can go jump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A mothers relationship with her daughter and her DIL are usually very different, as a result the relationship with their kids differs.

I know many DILs who resent their MILs relationship with her daughter and her daughters kids, simply because the mother has more freedom with her daughter and can be very involved without being overbearing.

It does result in jealousy often, but no one's to blame and being bitter about it just causes real problems.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep def jealous!

No help here either, though I'm sure if my parents circumstances were different we would of had more support from them as it was they were raising 2 of my nieces and just before DD was born they got a 3rd niece at 3 days old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jealousy's a b!tch!! Ignore her!

When DS was born my Mum managed to get on a flight (she lived interstate) that day I lost my mucus plug, she arrived at 8:30pm that night and I had him at 5:00pm the next day. (lucky her work is flexible huh!). She stayed for 3 weeks! DH worked away a lot so they even paid for me to fly up to them a couple of times. Bliss!

This time, we are only 5mins away. She is planning on taking 1-2weeks off work once bub is here and my Dad is having DS whilst I am in labour.

I seriously wouldnt of been able to have got thru the first few weeks without my Mum (and my Dad who flew down also for a week and done all the cooking!).

Enjoy the support, we are very lucky to have such wonderful relationships with our Mums.. mines my bestfriend

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

Tazzy  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    A mothers relationship with her daughter and her DIL are usually very different, as a result the relationship with their kids differs.

I know many DILs who resent their MILs relationship with her daughter and her daughters kids, simply because the mother has more freedom with her daughter and can be very involved without being overbearing.

It does result in jealousy often, but no one's to blame and being bitter about it just causes real problems.
    What you are saying does make sense but my mum has a very good relationship with all her grandchildren quite equally.

I don't think I'm the bitter one in this at all. I have never done anything wrong to my SIL at all and for her to go b#tching about something like this makes her the bitter one.

If I wanted to cause trouble I could have but I have just learnt to shut my mouth when I hear things like this. I know it comes from her own issues not mine.
    If you knew her you would understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She's just annoyed she's losing her babysitter! Ignore your sil. Sounds like your sil takes advantage of your Mum and the fact that she lives close by. Just enjoy having your Mum there to help you for a change and ignore sil.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Tazzy  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're lucky that you have you're Mum there.
    After having 2 kids, I am comfortable asking for help because yes I know I can do everything myself, its just easier if you have help.
    I had an appointment at the hospital Monday and my Dad came to look after them. Normally I take them with me but if I don't have too...
    Don't worry about her. No point complaining about others if you don't ask for help yourself.