+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $6 per week.
    in other words, nothing. i spend more on my foxtel

i am more than happy for the carbon tax to be introduced (and i am a geologist by trade, my father too, live in wa, used to work for oil companies.....)
    but i am also a realist and a naturalist. climate change IS an issue, it IS happening and we need to address it.

personally i would rather see the money invested into green sources of renewable energy but like most things tax related i don't get to make the decisions.

i think the world is changing and we have to accept it in all aspects - sometimes it will cost us a small amount of money but knowing that (hopefully) by the time my children are adults, there will be new technology and resources available to help preserve our habitat is worth a lot more than $6 a week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No no not offended at all... Lol just having a crap morning. Probably came out wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Janesmum123, I agree with you more research is needed, but you say you think the current research is biased. Can I ask why or where you draw that opinion from?
    (not having a go, just curious for more info)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    "The household situation described by the information you have entered is not covered by the scenarios used by this Estimator."

Had a squiz at the households covered but this estimator and we aren't there

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess we will be worse off, and to top it off we won't be getting a tax break so it seems this is another take from the "rich" tax. Yay. Not impressed at all.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 16-04-2012 at 09:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be worse off.
    I dont think the tax is a bad concept but needs to be redirected into measures to combat climate change rather than just given to people as a rebate. For example instead of a rebate people should get a voucher for insulation, rainwater tank etc. Obviously there should be exceptions for people who have a medical condition.
    But letting some people be better off does nothing towards encouraging us to improve our habits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We will be $18 per week worse off according to the calculator.

DH told me that his company has to make at least $8 million per project before they start making a profit.