+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Immunisations aftermath: how long until your baby settled down?

How long did the symptoms after immunisations last for your baby and what were they?
    DD had her 2 month old needles 4 days ago, and has been absolutely restless since. She refuses to sleep, it is taking me anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time to get her down, which varies from half hour catnaps to 2-3 hour sleeps. She is drinking all of her 150ml bottle now through the night - before she would drink 60-90ml, go to sleep for 3 hours then wake up and have 90-120ml then sleep for another 3 until 6am and has a whole bottle. She is still trying to fall asleep during her bottle, so I take her bottle out, but then she becomes restless and wrestles with herself until I change her position completely then start feeding her again.
    Once her bottle is over and she looks like she's dozing off again, I go to lay her in her cot and the restlessness starts again. I check her nappy, it feels moist so I change her, then try holding her so her head is resting on my shoulder, she wails, then switch her into a cradling position and she screams. I decide to lay her down in my bed. She is wide awake, watches the colours on the tv for about 15min then starts getting grizzly again. I try her with her dummy. No go. I cradle her against my chest and pat her back (usually a winner) but she wrestles and wrestles.
    Eventually I keep rotating rooms and positions, and change wet nappies 2 more times until finally, FINALLY I'm in tears and she's passed out (asleep) from a final screaming moment. She's not sick, she's had a few more dirty nappies than usual, and I've tried putting Panadol drops in her bottles and orally, and they don't seem to make her anymore settled or change her sleeping pattern. I just want to know how long this might last for but would also like to know other symptoms that could have occurred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey hon, poor you, it's so hard with the little ones when we don't know what's up!

If she is 2 mths she may be going through a " growth spurt" I know it's annoying but up to now (DS is 6 mths) I have been putting all his unsettled periods down to the infamous growth spurt ! Looking back for us the change and tough periods were 3 weeks, 6-8 weeks 3 mths 5 mths!

My DS never had and significant reaction to the jabs, but some bubs do and if your concerned call the child health nurse line ( sorry I don't have the number just google it)

Keep doing what your doing. You are doing your absolute best and I promise this won't last long.

If you can get an hour away from her just to leave the house and go for a walk you will feel a bit more energised. Time out from bub is something we all need.

Good luck hon.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meant to add unsettled periods usually lasted 5-7 days for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD was similarly unsettled after her vaccinations and it always lasted a week. It is really tough. Make sure you let your health provider know. (Mine didn't care/believe me but they are meanto document it).

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dd only had issues with he 6 month vaxxes, grumpy, sore etc, but it passed pretty quickly.
    id say growth spurt