+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think where the line is blurred is we all (on this thread) seem to agree that we understand evolutionary process, and acknowledge that it occurs.

What the difference seems to be is the idea of a common ancestor - and the jury's still out on that - there is no 100% evidence that all life came from a common ancestor - and therefore it is that area where people are being asked to believe. The "belief" is that there is evidence yet to be found which will prove that all life came from a common ancestor.

So maybe if the issue is the "believe" in evolution - then it should be refined to whether you "believe" in one aspect of evolution.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...okay, so how would 'Creationism' explain atavistic tails in humans?

Or would they approach it the same as you did Pegasus when I mentioned chickens having dormant genes for teeth making?

- that it is just 'there' and has no history??

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can only give you my opinion. That is that i know we have a coccyx -but that it is supposition that it's evolved from a tale. To find out what other people believe -you'd have to ask them.