ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Can you please provide proof as to how the world first came into existence – eg, from nothing became something? Not evolution of species, but how did the world ‘first’ begin?
    I'm still waitin for this too. The fact of the matter is both evolutionists AND creationists are exactly the same. We BOTH have to have faith. Because NEITHER beginning can be proved.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Cinderella82  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    That's fine, you can teach your child what I believe is crap in yoru own home, but I do not want my child taught what I believe is crap in a state school.
    Perhaps also, the difference between what you and I will teach our children is that I will teach my child to respect what others believe. I already teach her this by my example.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I'm still waitin for this too. The fact of the matter is both evolutionists AND creationists are exactly the same. We BOTH have to have faith. Because NEITHER beginning can be proved.
    EXACTLY this!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You asked about where the world first came from, so I explained.

Why do you feel that it needed to come from anywhere? Perhaps it is debris left over from the shockwaves of the big bang, the cyclic compressions and expansions of an age old universe.

Perhaps god planted the original matter, and set into motion the manner in which it would be played out through eternity.

Certainly, the universe didnt pop into existence 5,000 years ago. And to believe so is an insult to the complexity and beauty and mystery of the universe - and - if god exists - to god.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-04-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Perhaps also, the difference between what you and I will teach our children is that I will teach my child to respect what others believe. I already teach her this by my example.
    That's a bit out of line, imo. Personally, I do teach my child to respect other people's religious beliefs. Having a grown up discussion about different beliefs online is markedly different to teaching the art of respect to our children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    evolution has absolutely nothing to do with the creation of the universe.

Why do you think it does sunnyflower?

Evolution is a clearly observable process. Whetheer you admit it or not, the food that you eat, the antibiotics you take when sick, fertility treatments - many, many everyday things are all developed using processes predicated upon evolutionary processes.

Evolution is everywhere - and I repeat again - whether you realise it or not- scientists replicate evolution in order to produce technologies and products that you use.

The origins of the universe is something else entirely.

I can't understand why you would conflate these together?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You asked about where the world first came from, so I explained.

Why do you feel that it needed to come from anywhere? Perhaps it is debris left over from the shockwaves of the big bang, the cyclic compressions and expansions of an age old universe.

Perhaps god planted the original matter, and set into motion the manner in which it would be played out through eternity.

Certainly, the universe didnt pop into existence 5,000 years ago. And to believe so is an insult to the complexity and beauty and mystery of the universe - and - if god exists - to god.
    An insult? Why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you please provide proof as to how the world first came into existence – eg, from nothing became something? Not evolution of species, but how did the world ‘first’ begin?
    no because that isn't part of the 'theory of evolution'

I understand you were offering creation as an alternative to the 'theory of evolution' personally and in your school.

Again, I am curious to hear what your understanding of 'the theory of evolution' is and what the 'theory of creation' is.

You have declared to be a teacher offering this information to young minds, I am interested in hearing what, inshort you present as proof for each in a scientific manner.

[again, the thread is talking 'science' not general personal beliefs... .]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the whole thread so I'll just give my opinion on the OP.
    I think it's disgusting.
    And if some school tried to teach my child about creationism in SCIENCE I'd pull them out of that school. Talk about the bible in RE not science.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    evolution has absolutely nothing to do with the creation of the universe.

Why do you think it does sunnyflower?

Evolution is a clearly observable process. Whetheer you admit it or not, the food that you eat, the antibiotics you take when sick, fertility treatments - many, many everyday things are all developed using processes predicated upon evolutionary processes.

Evolution is everywhere - and I repeat again - whether you realise it or not- scientists replicate evolution in order to produce technologies and products that you use.

The origins of the universe is something else entirely.

I can't understand why you would conflate these together?
    Because a lot if evolutionists believe that evolution began without the presence of God that's why. Look I definitely believe in evolutionary processes but I also believe in God and a literal 7 day creation.