+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any recent experiences in Knox or Mitcham private hospital?

I would like to find out if anyone has recently have their bubs in Knox or Mitcham & would like to share their experiences.

I was looking at going to Box Hill public hospital but looking at other options as a private patient as well.

I've had my previous 2 bubs in Perth in a public hospital and found it to be great. And we've just moved to Melb & having my 3rd bub here.

Greatly appreciated for sharing your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I haven't actually had my baby there yet so i'm not sure how much help I'll be, but...I'm booked in at Mitcham and so far in my pregnancy (i'm 38 + 4) i couldn't be happier. I was admitted for a day with some bleeding at about 19 wks and received excellent care (and a yummy lunch haha), I've also done the ante natal and breastfeeding classes they have which were fantastic. The birth suites and rooms are beautiful, more like a hotel than a hospital! Showing my naivete here but i am actually looking forward to going into labour..... haha i'm sure I'll eat my words when that happens!Oh and most importantly, they have a cake trolley that comes around every afternoon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had my DD at Mitcham 2 years ago and having #2 there in 10 weeks! Also have 2 friends who have had bubs there too.
    Don't have a bad word to say about the hospital or any midwives that I have come across :-)
    If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to Mitcham too. I'm 18+3 with my first, so haven't had any first hand experience in terms of having a baby there. My decision on Knox vs Mitcham was based on being admitted to Knox a few years ago with pneumonia and wasn't thrilled with the experience or care. Having said that, it might well have just been my personal experience, and Knox has undergone a huge revamp lately - I might have had a totally different experience, if admitted with the same problem today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Mitcham 2 years ago and it was great! I would go back there if we still lived in Melbourne. Heard some negative murmurs about Knox but nothing specific. I worked in both (nurse) and they were both good but I prefer Mitcham. Mitcham has good parking (free), nice facilities, good staff and great care! I had a big room and also loved the regular cake trolley!!! It's also nice and quiet.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing! It does help with the decision making.