+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me how bad it is! Wine!

I need help, I am craving a glass of wine, literally crawling the walls for one..
    I dont know why, probably because I know I cant have one! I used to have a few glasses most nights and now that im pregnant I really miss it! I miss the taste so much! I'v had a rotten day and I just really want one! Haven't touched a drop in 12 weeks and it hasn't bothered me, but now, well, im so tempted!

I am itching to tell DH to go get me a bottle, even though I know how bad it is...

How bad would it be if I just had a glass??? It would be bad wouldn't it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha Gothchick. I miss my nightly glass of wine too. No matter how crappy I'm feeling I still desperately want one.
    The other night I put my ginger ale in a wine glass in order to try and trick my brain!!!! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Goth, I reckon one glass of wine probably wouldn't be so bad, BUT wouldn't it just make you want more? Especially if DH was to go out and get you a full bottle? Would that one glass become one glass every night? Or 2 glasses tonight?

I think it's probably best to avoid it all together. Have you tried fake wine? I know the taste isn't the same, but it's closeish. Might curb your craving a bit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go get non alcoholic wine put it in a wine glass and play pretend! Worked for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    have 1 glass

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never touched a drop with my first - had prob 3 glasses tops whole second pregnancy....

I'd say have a glass - but why not wait til dinner?? Get him to get a low alcohol one. Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same way a few times when I was pregnant. I'd pour a glass after about 3 sips I was over it, just didn't taste or feel the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Get a bottle of cheap and nasty stuff, and have a sip, and that might turn you off.

I got desperate for beer when pregnant with my son and bought some non alcoholic stuff. It didn't really satisfy me.

I just have the odd sip of my partner's beer or wine, although he doesn't drink that often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the risk of getting slammed, i had an odd glass of wine here and there in both pregnancies. I went through periods where like a lot of things i couldnt stomach it, there were other times when i wanted a glass and i had one, but often id have a glass and couldnt finish it as i was really craving something else... Like often if i had a glass of red wine id really want chocolate....

Enjoy if you have one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a glass, it may just satisfy the craving and the cravings may go away. Other advice like fake wine is also a great idea. My problem is vodka - anyone have any substitutes for that?! Haha