+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All of DHs family are cut off from us. They treated DH like crap his entire life and then expected to be involved in our children's lives. DH made the call after his father came over and told him he was sh-t at being a person really. The apology was his dad paying our car rego for six months. Didn't help. We haven't spoken to any of them in years. Idiots, the lot of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with alot of people here if they hurt my kids that would be it, I have a pretty good family but my DDs grandad on exs side is a convicted pedo we have nothing to do with that side anyway not even ex dp does after we found out what had happened

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cut my dad off when I fell pregnant with DD, I was not willing to have him abuse her emotionally, physically or sexually like he did my brother and I. Unfortunately my parents are still together though so our relationship with my mum is also strained despite her being my biggest support recently.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Jesiica  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put up with years of every type of abuse and manipulation. I always had to keep up the idea of being a happy family. My aunty made excuses for my mother all the time. I was homeless as a child and still forgave my mother. Ive cut my whole family out just recently.

I thought initially my mum abusing me while i was giving birth was the final straw, but I realized it was more me feeling I have a duty to protect DD now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm happy if I never have anything to do with my brother again.

He's mostly just a tosser, and I would forgive him of it because he was my little brother. Then he had a baby... and turned into a right jerk. He spent a lot of time before this baby was born trolling facebook... trying to bait people by saying nasty things. Not to just to me... but of course, the things he said to me hurt me.

He made fun of mental illess... saying treating "depression," is just as stupid as medically treating "happiness." Anyone who can't cope with depression is just weak... because it's just an emotion apparently.

I'm also a man-hater. Apparently that's what it means to be a feminist... when really, I'm just against men treating me lesser because I am not one. He is a chauvanist pig (once told his gf to cut his steak for him at a family BBQ and was completely serious... he was humiliating her intentionally), and I'm just not cool with that, so vocalise it when I'm around him and he's being a twit.

Then he decided to let rip on me after his baby was born - I'm a horrible person, a horrible parent and have raised a horrible child. Neither of us belong in his baby's life, we'd be bad influences. TBH, I think he's just afraid that someone might teach his daughter that she's not beneath his just because he's a male... because his girlfriend sure as hell won't teach her. She's a complete doormat.

I just hate him. He gets worse with age. He's just so full of hate against women, I'm surprised he's managed to be with one... but then, he doesn't see her as an equal but as his "little woman" so it's probably easier to be with her than a strong woman with independant thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Physical or sexual abuse of any kind towards women or children - You're dead in my books! I can forgive, not a problem....but I could never trust such a person again, and would never foget.

Apart from that, it would greatly depend on the situation and how I felt about it. My grandparents are coming very close, but then I invited them to my wedding so obviously I'm still wishing and hoping deep down that things can change.