I got mine given to me from the hospital physio, pretty much the same as the one in your link (it was a cheaper looking version though). I am guessing that the ones you have seen at the chemist going around the stomach are lumbar (low back) support ones, not targeted specifically at the SIJ.
Hopefully the Physio gave you some good tips, but other things that helped me:
1. Avoid lifting!!!!! This was the absolute hardest (DS is 2, and I have a manual job), but was the difference between being able to walk at the end of the day, and being curled up in tears!
2. Avoid asymmetric activities, ie no standing on one leg / weight mostly on one side. I even sat down to put pants on.
3. Avoid lifting!!!
4. I slept on my side with a pillow between my legs
5. Avoid lifting!!!
6. Try and minimize amount of time walking/standing
7. Avoid lifting!!!
8. Core stability exercises (Physio should be able to give you the ones suited to you)
9. Avoid lifting!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 13 of 13
13-04-2012 18:16 #11
The Following User Says Thank You to sunshine81 For This Useful Post:
13-04-2012 18:39 #12
Mine was $25 from the hospital and they sell at cost price
The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:
13-04-2012 20:34 #13
You can buy the belts online. They are called mitten belts. Once they are on, they sit under your belly.
House Call DoctorHouse Call Doctor can provide an urgent after-hours visit to you and your family, when urgent medical situations arise ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Awesome Mums of Autistic kids-how many of us are there (#3)????????Parents of Children with Special Needs
Missed miscarriage... waiting, waiting, waitingPregnancy Loss Support
The Word Association Game #24Games & fun stuff
What is going on!?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Cashless society - all for it, or disagree?General Chat
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination
1st Pregnancy - Septate UterusPregnancy & Birth General Chat