+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Hypothetical???

This is the serious stuff DH and I discuss now Im pregnant .. haha..

Hypothetically, if a women consumed her own breastmilk as her sole source of nutrition how healthy would she be (or perhaps a better may to look at it how nutritious would her breastmilk be).

Assuming all things being equal, she was healthy, milk supply healthy, no drugs/meds intefernce, ample supply etc etc.
    • Would the breastmilk become super nutritious (think 'master stock') or
    • Would the breastmilk become diluted and less nutritious over time?
    • Would each cycle through the body cause the 'goodness' to increase or would it deminish?
    • Or would it increase to a certain level and then deterioate (assuming the breastmilk supply stayed consistant)
    What do you think?
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 10-04-2012 at 14:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This just made me laugh!!! Haha. I'm intrigued by the responses except I have none of my own. Though presumably it would be like 'master stock' wouldn't it!?!? Haha.

I'm glad other couples have these hypothetical conversations too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would think she would become malnourished as breastmilk is not a complete food source for an adult, especially a lactating one and that this would cause her breastmilk to deteriorate in quality.

That's my guess.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (10-04-2012),Guest1234  (10-04-2012),Happy2be3  (10-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I tend to think masterstock but who knows?

DH says that baby number #1 goes on formula and I consume nothing by my own breastmilk and continue to consume it until baby #2 is born (with the assumption that pregnacy will have no affect on my breastmilk) and then give baby #2 my SUPER milk and it develops super hero strengths and abilities, is super smart and sucessful and will take care of its older sibling and parents for the rest of our days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Yeh I tend to think masterstock but who knows?

DH says that baby number #1 goes on formula and I consume nothing by my own breastmilk and continue to consume it until baby #2 is born (with the assumption that pregnacy will have no affect on my breastmilk) and then give baby #2 my SUPER milk and it develops super hero strengths and abilities, is super smart and sucessful and will take care of its older sibling and parents for the rest of our days.
    Love it!!! Hilarious!!! 😃😃

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it would diminish significantly, especially as there are some vitamins and minerals which are not retained by the body and need to be replenished by the consumption of their naturally occurring food sources.

Breastmilk is perfect for babies, but within the first year solid foods should be introduced as breastmilk just does not contain the amount of elements needed to maintain and improve growth of a larger human, who needs higher levels of all the minerals and nutrients.

I think the mother would end up very sick! And probably stop producing breastmilk as she would not be consuming enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bahahahaha, this is an EXCELLENT thread and I look forward to reading the responses. I would say it would deteriorate fairly quickly because your body would need the nutrition in it - it would be come essentially water I reckon. But I do love the idea of your superhero child. Good luck!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd say it wouldn't be enough, which is why the natural age of weaning is below the age of puberty..IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    damn it our masterstock masterplan is foiled..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But in theory it would be so much better than consuming milk from another animal ( like cows)

Button, forget the spice business go into the human dairy business ! Make breast milk Cheese, yogurt, milk , you could make a fortune!!

seriously though my naturopath did say breast milk contains immunity building properties that science just can't re create they are currently testing it in adult cancer patients!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (10-04-2012),MissMuppet  (10-04-2012)