ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2 different daycares?

Hi everyone.

I'm after some advice and opinions... Ex-DP has put DD in daycare near him (we're 30 mins away) on Thursdays so that he can have her 3 nights a week. I am ok with this, she used to go to this daycare, they're great. I'm now looking at studying a Cert 3 in Childrens Services. To do this she'd have to go to daycare maybe an extra 2-3 days a week. This isnt my concern as shes a very social kid. My concern is I dont have the money for petrol to drive an hour each morning & arv to take her to the daycare shes at.

My question is, would it be very detrimental for her to go 2-3 days at a daycare here and 1 day there? To have 2 daycares? Ex won't consider a different one for him unless I pay for it and its within 5-10 mins from him. It would only be until the course would be finished which I think is 6 months full time?

TIA

Sarah xx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would do it - don't see any issues and it's for a short time anyway. Sounds like the best solution for everyone.

I know a couple of kids who go to a LDC a couple of days a week and a FDC another day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two centers... Two lots of friends !!! Bonus for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked in daycare for a long time and I've known quite a few children who use two different services for whatever reason. I don't think it would do any harm at all. Sounds like the sensible option, especially if your child is very social.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My girls have been in a centre and FDC at same time depending on what day it is. They went fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see no reason why not.

My DD is in daycare 2 days a week and preschool 5 days a fortnight so she has two different environments and she's fine.

Kids are very adaptable.