+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Around 5-6 months. He wasn't sleeping well in the cot next to our bed and bed sharing didn't help.
    At the moment he starts off in his own room and comes into our bed at some point. He might go a few weeks of wanting to sleep in his own room and then come back to our bed for awhile. Its always changing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 weeks. She napped in a little bassinet in the lounge room during the day for a few months but always in her own room at night.

Occasionally if i was too tired I would breast feed her in bed at a 3am feed and she would stay next to me til the morning. Everyone's different but the first 2 weeks we'd sleep alongside her in her cot and would not sleep well hearing all her snuffles and noises!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Whilst always having a room of his own he didn't sleep in there until he was five.
    DD is 9 months and still in our room.

TBH Having read this thread I am a bit shocked, to say the least, at how few of you follow the SIDS guidelines
    Agreed! I was a major stress head when we moved our DS into his room just before the 6 month mark and there's no way I'd have moved him sooner. If all is well with this pg, baby number 2 will be with us up to 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Whilst always having a room of his own he didn't sleep in there until he was five.
    DD is 9 months and still in our room.

TBH Having read this thread I am a bit shocked, to say the least, at how few of you follow the SIDS guidelines
    I feel the exact same way when I read about parents bed sharing with their infants and going against sids guidelines to sleep the baby in their own separate space. I think Tbh its just best not to judge either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 was about 16-17 months, DD2 moved into DD1's room with her prob about the same age (have memory blank for most of that part of my life! But she was def over 12 months and under 18 months!). DS is 26 months and still sleeps with us but has to move out soon before the twins are born!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    7 months, which was when we moved to a new house and I let DF talk me into it. I hated it and often went in to sleep beside her cot anyway. This time I don't think it will be before 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I feel the exact same way when I read about parents bed sharing with their infants and going against sids guidelines to sleep the baby in their own separate space. I think Tbh its just best not to judge either way.
    I completely agree best not to judge either way, but I'd say women who bed share get a LOT harder time about their sleeping arrangements than women who move their baby into their own room at 2 days old- from both other parents AND health professionals- when in fact they both go against SIDS guidelines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    7months as he outgrew the cradle in our room and his cot wouldn't fit. Very sad night as it is tonight!!!! We will see how he goes!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Ds slept in an arms reach co-sleeper from birth and has slept in my bed since he was 7 weeks old and I witnessed a 6 month old very quietly die, it showed me that if that little girl had been at home in her own bed no one would have noticed she was dead til they checked on her as it was that quiet, from that point on Ds (who was very sick with bronchiolitis) slept in my arms for every sleep til he was 15 months old and was never out if my site, I use pillows but didn't use the doona when he was little, I feel 110 percent comfortable with my decision that co-sleeping was best and safest for my family

Stats show that it is almost a 50/50 split of children who pass from sids in thier own 'safe' sleeping environments as who pass while sharing a sleep surface with a parent.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 months for DD1. DD2 is 11 months old and still sleeps in her cot pushed up next to our bed. I have no plans whatsoever of her moving out of our room. The fact that we are doing a house extension and she doesn't actually have a room yet may play a small part in that!
    She still has a dream feed, and wakes at 6am for a morning feed, so it is so much easier to reach into her cot and bring her into our bed for a feed than it is to actually have to get out of bed.