+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Down n depressed

Hey everyone. Im new here and i was wondering if i could have some advice.
    My wife n i so desperately want children and we have had tests and she is working all well and how she should. I on the other hand have problems with my swimmers - low n not moving - n she has all these friends n family to talk to n help her through this but i really dont have anyone to talk to. She is starting alternative treatments n all that and i support her 100% but all i want to do is slam my head against the wall n scream coz i am the problem not her. And im trying to be super positive each month when ttc but still cant help but blame myself. Has anyone else gone through the same thing or is going through this? Any advice on what to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by down n out View Post
    Hey everyone. Im new here and i was wondering if i could have some advice.
    My wife n i so desperately want children and we have had tests and she is working all well and how she should. I on the other hand have problems with my swimmers - low n not moving - n she has all these friends n family to talk to n help her through this but i really dont have anyone to talk to. She is starting alternative treatments n all that and i support her 100% but all i want to do is slam my head against the wall n scream coz i am the problem not her. And im trying to be super positive each month when ttc but still cant help but blame myself. Has anyone else gone through the same thing or is going through this? Any advice on what to do?
    My dh went through this. Firstly I just want to praise you for being willing to get your side of things tested. It's not easy for a man to do and quite often you hear of men completely refusing. Anyways, to begin with my dh has slow count and motility (swimmers). Dh started taking " fertility blend for men" which you can buy from the US. There is also a blend for women which is supposed to be good for egg quality which i take. These tabs have brought my dh's motility up a lot compared to what it was. I also hear of "spermax" being good too. We have 2 boys thanks to ICSI which perhaps we wouldn't have without this natural tablet.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 06-04-2012 at 23:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! My hubby and I were the same... I eventually figured out what he felt was he felt like he wasn't very manly.. (if that makes sense).. and that he'd failed as a man.. but I didn't see it like that. It can happen to anybody really. We took 2.5 years to concieve our dd, and it was what i'd say was sheer luck and miracle,, but by then we had decided to talk to the dr about doing what they call ""IUI""... (not ivf)... We were going to try ivf as a very last resort.. but what I suggest is try to google Intrauterine insemination, see if that will help... and maybe start trying to take ""menevit""... it's supposed to be good for men.. good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, welcome to bub hub!

You poor thing, TTC can be such a horrible time. I just wanted to let you know that when we started getting tests etc, DH had a SA test which came back with really terrible results, which got him really down for a long time. Basically it said that he had swimmers, they just don't move....at all. It was quite a shock for him to find this out.

I had done alot of research & spoke to others on here & started doing the following, each day he took (I went out & bought them, he took them):

- 1 x multivitamin (any brand)
    - 1 x Zinc plus tablet
    - 1 x Vitamin c 1000mg.

Before this he only took a multivitamin each day. We had a repeat SA done approx 3-4 months later & it came back normal!! We were amazed & couldn't believe it!!

Anyway, few more tests later I find out that I have endo, PCOS & a biocornate uterus, so its official, I'm the reason why its taking so long, which is hard to deal with sometimes.

So I hope it all goes well for you. Try taking these vitamins & maybe see if it makes a difference? We didn't think it would work but was excited when it did. Also, I hope there's someone you can talk too about it if you need too. DH refused too until he found out a mate was going through the exact same things.

Wish you guys heaps of luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the advice. I have been taking menovit but to no avail. We have looked into IVF but want to leave this as a last resort as well. I actually dont have anyone to talk to about this, so i thank you for letting me rant with no judgement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what we're all here for, feel free to vent anytime Most of us end up joining here becuase for alot of us, we haven't told close friends/family what we're going through, this place is always great to vent & get advice from others... I know I'd prefer to speak with people who're going through the same thing & understand what you're going through.

I hope they let you do IUI before IVF. I know a few people who've gone through this with good results & its alot less invasive.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

down n out  (07-04-2012)

MyAlterEgo is offline Love my hubby, my kids, my life what more could I want.... oh yes another bubba
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by down n out View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I have been taking menovit but to no avail. We have looked into IVF but want to leave this as a last resort as well. I actually dont have anyone to talk to about this, so i thank you for letting me rant with no judgement.

Hi,

Hope you find some good advice on BH and can get your dream bub soon.

My DH had a vasectomy in 2009 and then reversed it in 2010 (we were crazy I know) and he had a good count post reversal but cr@p morphology and motility initially then his count in second and subsequent SA's dropped heaps (from 168.8million total count to just 38/40 million total count)! Anyhow my DH was like you and willing to reach out for help and get advice on how to fix it rather than just do nothing and sulk about it (he did feel bad as he felt he was 'the problem' where as I saw it as just an speed bump in our journey and didn't blame or think he was in any way 'the problem').

Anyhow first thing I can tell you after nearly 2 years chasing our tail on finding an answer to our situation is this.... TAKE SUPPLEMENTS!!! menevit is NOT enough if you have a sperm problem it is only helpful to improve what is already a good count.

There are lots of things you can do and so much advice people can give you on what supplements to take and I have pretty well had my DH on every combo there is after listening to what worked for someone else but in the end after talking to a naturopath doing my own research and the most importantly finding a place/person online that gives great (FREE) advice on what supplements were best for my DH to take and after following his advice I am pleased to say in 4 months my DH went from having 12.2 million sperm per ml to 82 million per ml and all his morphology and molility problems are now solved and normal.

DH took Biovea mens multivitamin and metagenics paternal plus (only available through naturopaths from what I know) and Vitamin D 2000IU a day was important for his needs, I suggest looking into what your specific problems are and work on those, not take anything based on what worked for someone elses issues. oh and before I forget one MAJOR issue we discovered was a problem was that my DH was on Lipitor a prescription medication for cholesterol that was the cause of his sperm count dropping so dramatically, apparently it is waht the call a statin medication and it directly affects sperm when we looked at DH's SA's and we linked the timing of him going onto the Liptor matched when the count dropped, so DH went off that medication (with Drs approval) and we are trying natural methods to reduce cholesterol until we finish TTC and then if needed he can go back on it, so it isn't all about what you can take it is about what you already take and making lifestyle changes if needed too.

Sorry that got way longer than I intended but hope it helps.

Let me know if you want the details on site I found that was helpful and will send them to you.
    Last edited by MyAlterEgo; 19-04-2012 at 15:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyAlterEgo View Post
    Hi,

Hope you find some good advice on BH and can get your dream bub soon.

My DH had a vasectomy in 2009 and then reversed it in 2010 (we were crazy I know) and he had a good count post reversal but cr@p morphology and motility initially then his count in second and subsequent SA's dropped heaps (from 168.8million total count to just 38/40 million total count)! Anyhow my DH was like you and willing to reach out for help and get advice on how to fix it rather than just do nothing and sulk about it (he did feel bad as he felt he was 'the problem' where as I saw it as just an speed bump in our journey and didn't blame or think he was in any way 'the problem').

Anyhow first thing I can tell you after nearly 2 years chasing our tail on finding an answer to our situation is this.... TAKE SUPPLEMENTS!!! menevit is NOT enough if you have a sperm problem it is only helpful to improve what is already a good count.

There are lots of things you can do and so much advice people can give you on what supplements to take and I have pretty well had my DH on every combo there is after listening to what worked for someone else but in the end after talking to a naturopath doing my own research and the most importantly finding a place/person online that gives great (FREE) advice on what supplements were best for my DH to take and after following his advice I am pleased to say in 4 months my DH went from having 12.2 million sperm per ml to 82 million per ml and all his morphology and molility problems are now solved and normal.

DH took Biovea mens multivitamin and metagenics paternal plus (only available through naturopaths from what I know) and Vitamin D 2000IU a day was important for his needs, I suggest looking into what your specific problems are and work on those, not take anything based on what worked for someone elses issues. oh and before I forget one MAJOR issue we discovered was a problem was that my DH was on Lipitor a prescription medication for cholesterol that was the cause of his sperm count dropping so dramatically, apparently it is waht the call a statin medication and it directly affects sperm when we looked at DH's SA's and we linked the timing of him going onto the Liptor matched when the count dropped, so DH went off that medication (with Drs approval) and we are trying natural methods to reduce cholesterol until we finish TTC and then if needed he can go back on it, so it isn't all about what you can take it is about what you already take and making lifestyle changes if needed too.

Sorry that got way longer than I intended but hope it helps.

Let me know if you want the details on site I found that was helpful and will send them to you.
    Thank you for the above we are looking into supplements at the moment and also looking into nautropaths as well. Thank for that i will you know how we go

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really happy at the moment. My DW is now pregs after all the hard work n waiting we are finally there. Thank you very much for everyones words of help n encouragement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations man