+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Resolutions for Sudden Early Waking?

Hello

My DS has started (last 3-4 weeks) waking anywhere between 4:30 and 6am. He wont go back to sleep after that. Prior to this starting he would sleep till 7:30-8am. I have tried getting him back to sleep in his cot, taking him into bed with me (relegating DH to the spare room!) and he still doesnt want to sleep! He is getting very tired and not sleeping that long during the day either.

A bit of background info, he was coming into bed with me every night sometime during the night (always started his sleep in his cot). This stopped (on purpose) probably about 6 weeks ago. He was sleeping in his cot, waking 2-3 times a night. He started to wake less then started getting up early.

I am very tired and sick of getting up so early! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him to sleep longer in the morning? I cant ignore him as he screams and becomes distressed if I dont go to him. Would it help changing his sleep environment eg converting his cot into a toddler bed? Or could I try sleeping in a bed next to his cot to get him used to sleeping longer? We are at the stage of going back to him coming in with me during the night, but I really dont want to go back to that if I can.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wish there was a magic answer! mine has been doing the same. grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Daylight savings messes up their system!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately it started before daylight savings! That just made it a bit worse!!!! đŸ˜³

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bump! My youngest is waking for the day at 3.45am. I'd LOVE to see some solutions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lulululu I feel for you! 3:45 is waaaay to early! I'm just keeping it together (was a bit grumpy this morning!), how do you do it?

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we cosleep (and bedshare once dd wakes up) and don't get up before 7.
    I boob and hand dd my phone while we doze.
    she's also been waking cold the last few weeks, so I check her covers are over her, every time I get up to pee (about 600 times a night atm)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how I felt your pain a few months ago, unfortunately it took me months of 3.30-4am wake ups before I figured out the solution. We tried black out blinds, wake to sleep, early & late bedtime moves, feeding and putting back to bed, re-settling it didn't make a difference. Then......we moved DDs Nap time an hour later over a few days, so 15 minutes each day. Within 1 week her naps went from 45 minutes to 2.5 hours and she sleeps in until we wake her. We still can't get over that having her nap moved 1 hour has gained almost 4 hours extra sleep in a 24hour block. I hope it works for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too! would love to see answers! Can't think of how to get them to go longer as Xander will be wide awake and no way am I getting him back to sleep! Even in bed with me which will normally work he just yells at me as if to say I am awake what is wrong with you mum! He is 7 months.