+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing Gender?

Cant post a poll, dont have the right, but if someone else can, or if there is any interest in this topic? Watchin 60 minutes, a woman is on who has had 6 boys, cried when she found out the 6th was a boy, and went to America to have a female embryo implanted, to ensure she got what she wanted. I find this hard to defend, as I will be delited just to have a healthy baby, the sex is not important, however I know, or hope that others can look at this from the other side? I feel thast the boys are gonna think they are not good enough, cause all mum wanted was a girl, not all of us, what does that do for your self esteem growing up?

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm I don't think that's right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dont think there is anything wrong with it. They tried so hard to make their dream come true and it did come true in the end by other means.

Congrats to them who were on 60mins and they are now 8wks pregnant with their 2nd daughter.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I only had boys I would do it without hesitation, for sure.

As for how the woman's sons feel, I would think they would understand it isn't about them personally, but about their mother wanting to experience having a daughter. She's not saying she doesn't love her boys at all, in fact it looked like they were very much loved and appreciated as individuals.

I have no issue with it in most cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a problem with it, although I'd hate to see it get out of hand and become like creating 'designer babies' if ever allowed here.

A healthy baby is all i care about, so I don't think I'd do it personally...although after having 6 of the same gender, who knows how I'd feel in that position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So wrong on so many levels IMO!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (01-04-2012),beebs  (02-04-2012),button2012  (03-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (01-04-2012),TimTamsandTea  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It breaks my heart to hear these stories. This women has been blessed with children, I think she needs to spare a thought for those who r struggling to have just one child. She is extremely lucky to have as many kids as she does and I just don't get how u can b so upset over not having a girl. That's just my opinion tho

9. The Following User Says Thank You to capri_12 For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no issue with this at all. I think people start getting into a moral panic with things like this. Sure, it's not the greatest way to have a child, but I really don't think it will create a flurry of people desperate to use gender selection. I think people underestimate the strength of gender disappointment, and it's really unfair to say that just because she can have kids and others can't that her feelings aren't valid. The only part that really freaked me out was that her daughters are technically twins, but yet, not twins because they will be a couple of years apart. I find that so strange.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (02-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't do the same, because I've always wanted boys:P

If I had 6 girls, id definitely do it for a boy though.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont see the problem with it, id do it if i could, both of my sons have autism, the chance of a third son having it goes through the roof, the % would lessen grately if we had a girl.

By some logic in here, woman who already have a child shouldnt do ivf either, they should be thankful to just have the one?

I can see where people are coming from, but i dont think anyone should have the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies. We all live our life for ourselves, How does it affect anyone but them?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (02-04-2012),wantingtostart  (01-04-2012)