+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Natural supplements for kids

I'm thinking of buying natural kids supplements for my children.
    I've tried fish oil and those chewy fish things and no go.

I've seen lollies and gummy bears vitamin things but unsure on how healthy they really are.
    I've seen kalm kids vitamins too.

So I'm after feedback on natural vitamins that's good for children and nice to eat.

My kids eat fruit but not vegies (and yes I hide vegies too)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those gummi bear ones are full of sugar so you did the right thing to stay clear of those!
    We use Herron Vita Mini's (multi vitamins) because they were the only ones (at the time when I looked) that supplimented iron and calcium (among a range of other vitamins and minerals) in the one tablet. They are hard like the vitamin c suppliments and I think there is a 3+ label on the bottle.

My Chiropractor prefers the childs multi vitamin from Swisse. He says they taste nicer than the Herron but are more expensive.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Go and see a naturopath/nutritionist they will give you additive/sugar free ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a firm believer of omega 3. Apart from that the kids get vitamin gummies. I just give them as their treat for dessert calling them gummy bears lol. I also use sth like inner health if they get a cold. I have prob the whole hylands range too lol. The best tip I can give you is iherb.com. I absolutely LOVE this site and get everything from there! Including postage it is still half price compared to here. And they have much more innovative stuff that you cant even get here. Like my beloved sinupret for kids. A herbal med for cold and sinusitis. Works wonders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would be correct in those vita gummies not being too healthy. They have a lot of sugar and artificial ingredients.

Have you heard of Juice PLus? COmpletely natural and has 24 peer reviewed gold standard published journals around the world so its an amazing product! and does what it says it does unlike all the others I came across which had "borrowed" research. Nothing on the bioavilaibity of their own product, so we were wasting our money on something that wasn't that fabulous. not to mention laden with synthetic ingredients.
    After months of investigating I found Juice Plus through a friend. my DD has been on the gummies (and I sneak them too they are so tasty) 11 months now and when she gets a runny nose her little immune system has so many more nutrients in her body (17 fruits and veg in total) that she fights it off much quicker. So far this flu season she has only missed 1 day at day care when in comparison this time last year I felt I was paying for care that she was never attending.
    She is good with fruit, and about 2 or 3 veg but its the variety and amount she was lacking, but no longer. Im also taking the product and feel fabulous. Ive since come on board to distribute it because I wanted my friends and family to have it (which they do and now also love) so if you want the info PM me, I'm unsure of the rules in the forum I don't think I am allowed to post the website up.