+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Claim baby bonus 3 mths prior?

What is the point to this? When the baby is born you still have to put in all the paper work, right?

So does it speed up th process or is it just one less bit to do?

I saw it on centre link online this morning and was wondering. Anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You get the form in hospy but only have to fill out a couple of pages if you've done it earlier. Took a lot of hassle out of it for me as an overwhelmed first time mum. The less you need to think about the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post
    You get the form in hospy but only have to fill out a couple of pages if you've done it earlier. Took a lot of hassle out of it for me as an overwhelmed first time mum. The less you need to think about the better.
    Same! The paper work was a little confusing so Im really glad I got it out of the way before he was born. Once u have bubba the hospital will give you a package of forms but u only need to fill out a page or so if you have already filed for the claim. It took a lot of stress out of the works when I first had DS. It was just one less thing to stress about

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like the other ladies have mentioned. There is 2 parts: 1st is the main claim that you can do online before bub is born. 2nd is the few pages that you get in the hospital which confirms bubs birth details etc. Depending on your individual claim it can take time to process or there might be long waiting times. So doing the main part prior to birth will make it quicker for you & them, & one less thing to worry about when you have a hungy newborn . Also allows time to follow up any extra info if needed. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    And u can get all these forms from centrelink can u? Like go into an office and talk to someone, hate talking to them on the phone lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoehpotter View Post
    And u can get all these forms from centrelink can u? Like go into an office and talk to someone, hate talking to them on the phone lol
    Yep go into centrelink and talk to somebody. If you have an online account you can do it online if its easier Only part of the claim though..there is only so much of the paperwork you can fill out before the baby is born. The rest will be given to you after the baby is born in the hospital. I hope that makes sense!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Zoehpotter  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't speed up things on CLinks end.

What happens is you get all the documentation they need (except the proof of birth form) and that way you only need to hand in the proof of birth once baby arrives, which saves you being told to bring down extra IDs and documentation once you've had the baby, as that can be time consuming and create delays.

I did this with my second.

It still took about 8 weeks for mine to start, my first only took 5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does not speed things up. Mine took 9 weeks from date I lodged the paperwork.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No matter when u lodge there can be delays. When i mentioned "quicker" i meant it will potentially assist in recieving the payments earlier than loding once bubs born.
    If you lodge 3months before bubs due, it atleast gives 12weeks for them to " hopefully" start the initial claim & have it sitting there ready to finish when you lodge the final documents. IMO this is better than lodging after birth & waiting 12 weeks+ with no income at all. Obviously no gaurentees with Clink (as anything can happen no matter when you lodge) but definately worth the try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggybelly View Post
    No matter when u lodge there can be delays. When i mentioned "quicker" i meant it will potentially assist in recieving the payments earlier than loding once bubs born.
    If you lodge 3months before bubs due, it atleast gives 12weeks for them to " hopefully" start the initial claim & have it sitting there ready to finish when you lodge the final documents. IMO this is better than lodging after birth & waiting 12 weeks+ with no income at all. Obviously no gaurentees with Clink (as anything can happen no matter when you lodge) but definately worth the try
    They don't start the claim until the proof of birth is handed in. Only check that all the documentation is there.