+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm already 30kg overweight I accidentally found out what my weight was when they weighed me at the doctors yesterday, I really didn't want to know.

I'm only 10 weeks though, how am I going to avoid putting on much more weight? I really don't need it...plus I don't want to have to try to lose like 50kg+ after the birth...30 will be hard enough *cries*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 55kgs pre pregnancy, went down to 53kgs from morning sickness and went to 61kgs when I had DS at 36weeks. I went straight back into my normal clothes and went down to 45kgs breastfeeding. DS is nearly 2 and I am still struggling to put weight on sitting at 47kgs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    7kg.

I had a caesarean and the first chance I got to weigh myself was about a week afterwards... and I'd lost that 7kg plus another 7kg as well. I didn't get any crazy cravings and never had that "eating for two" thing some people talk about... I actually ate less because I felt my stomach didn't have enough room.

My 7kg gain was obviously just baby-only weight (baby, placenta, etc). She was 4.67kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missybubble View Post
    I'm already 30kg overweight I accidentally found out what my weight was when they weighed me at the doctors yesterday, I really didn't want to know.

I'm only 10 weeks though, how am I going to avoid putting on much more weight? I really don't need it...plus I don't want to have to try to lose like 50kg+ after the birth...30 will be hard enough *cries*
    If you eat healthy and start doing some light exercise (so go for a brisk walk for 45 minutes 3-4 times a week) and keep that up through your pregnancy you might find you don't gain anything. You might find you don't gain much at all if you do that, if anything. I ate healthy and exercised and gained 13-14kg each time but I lost it all straight away too.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (29-03-2012),missybubble  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How come all you guys barely gained anything and then lost it really quick? Lol I'm jealous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS1 I gained 26kg I lost 21kg within a month. But kept that silly 5kg. But in saying that I do NOT exercise!!
    DS2 I gained a total of 6kg and I lost 7kg and walked out of the hospital in my fav jeans.. so still 4kg up but within healthy weight range

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pre-pregnancy, I was about 46kg then went up to 72kg at the end of the pregnancy. DS was born 3.4kg and 3 lucky months later, I'm 54kg. I haven't actually done any exercise other than walking but I think I can thank breastfeeding for my rapid weight lose.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I gained 13kg. I gained nothing until I was 20 weeks and then put on weight over the next 18 weeks. It was all belly and boob - you couldn't tell I was pregnant from behind. I lost 6kg immediately and four months afer DS was born I am only 1kg above my pre-pregnancy weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    If you eat healthy and start doing some light exercise (so go for a brisk walk for 45 minutes 3-4 times a week) and keep that up through your pregnancy you might find you don't gain anything. You might find you don't gain much at all if you do that, if anything. I ate healthy and exercised and gained 13-14kg each time but I lost it all straight away too.
    Thanks, I have been going for walks, and I plan to keep doing that once bub arrives.

Does breastfeeding really help to lose weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I gained 34kg and gave birth at 36 weeks. I was told bubs gain the most weight in the last 4 weeks and seeing as DS already weighed 3kg at 36 weeks, I believe I have been spared quite a few stretchmarks and extra kilo's.
    Most of the weight was fluid retention in my legs, feet, arms and hands, plus amniotic fluid ofcourse.

As I breastfed exclusively for 4.5 months, most of the weight was lost in that time. Also being a single mum with a newborn and doing it all on your own, adds the extra stress and exhaustion which causes weightloss as well.
    I was back to pre-pregnancy weight after about 6-8 months.