+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Back pain agony :(

Hi everyone,

I am 32 weeks and I have been suffering terrible, lower back and hip pain most of my pregnancy. This morning I have woken in agony. I feel miserable and can't stop crying from the pain. I am doing pregnancy yoga once a week (which I love) and also pregnancy pilates once a week. I have also been seeing a physio (who my OB recommended) who has done absolutely nothing except teach me stretches and strengthening which I am already doing at yoga and pilates. My question is, has anyone been to see an Osteo? Were they helpful and did they do anything? As in, did they massage or manipulate you? I have booked in today and I don't want to go there and for them to tell me about stretching which I already know. I want some relief!
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I am seeing an osteo for SPD and I have found it is helping. I have only been twice so far. She spends time balancing my hips and also has done some spinal manipulation. She also works on my groin (not as intrusive as it sounds!) and bum muscles that are being strained because they are compensating.

I definitely think it is worth a shot, especially if you are in so much pain!
    Last edited by Von Zipper; 28-03-2012 at 10:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I went or an osteo during my pregnancy for back pain and she was brilliant!! Mostly it was massage and passive movement. I think there was some manipulation but I remember it all being very gentle. hope that she's able to help you out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to an osteo during my pregnancy for back pain and it was brilliant! It really helped with the pain. It was mostly massage and passive movements. I think earlier in my pregnancy there was some manipulation but it was gentle. Good luck hopefully they can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry posted twice stupid phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much to all of your replies, I decided to give it a go and I'm really glad I did. She did some massage and a little manipulation and it felt great! Although, I'm a little sleepy now!! She said I had a lot of tension and hopefully with a few more sessions I'll be feeling much better. I am a little annoyed at spending $65 for a physio who did nothing last week but glad I took your advice.

Thanks ox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One thing that I found was really soothing and only cost me $3 was walking laps in the local heated pool.
    It was so relaxing and I felt refreshed for hours later, it really helped with my sciatica too.
    Just a thought!