+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Funnily enough, I know all about the syndrome she is talking about. Nothing to be worried about. I am off for a walk and will reply whne I get back x
    My daughter was suspected of having it and had all the tests, including an mri and heart monitor
    ETA thought I had better let you know before i go for a walk that my daughter had other markers of the syndrome, that is why she was tested. One bruised looking mark just sounds like a vascular mark to me. Will pm when I get back
    Last edited by babycake; 28-03-2012 at 05:37.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am back.
    Ok, when my daughter was born she had 7-8 birthmarks all over her body. Some were strawberry birthmarks and a few days later what looked liked bruises stated to appear on her body, including one very noticeable on under her eye. these are also birthmarks
    Over the next few weeks I thought nothing of them. Then her eyes started watering and she was diagnosed with glaucoma. Our opthomologist (A very well known and world wide respected doctor) suggested that she had a syndrome called Phaces. DO NOT GOOGLE!!! lol. Basically this syndrome includes things like birthmarks and haemangeomas, glaucoma, heart defects and can cause seizures.
    It is a freakishly rare disease and my daughter has been written up in a few papers by university professors (lol, strange claim to fame I know). So strangely your friend may have had her heart tested when she was younger, because of this.
    As I said this syndrome is freakishly rare and my daughter only has two markers, that were picked up by an incredibly astute opthomologist.
    If you are worried see a doctor by all means, but chances are that it is just a birthmark
    Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree its probably just a bith mark, but it certainly couldnt hurt when your at the doctor next the get it checked

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I asked the dr about it and well I will e looking for a new dr now. As a first time mum of course I am going to be concerned about everything coz I'd rather ask about it than it actually be a problem. Anyway the dr told me I was being silly and unless I could tell her exactly what the friend had then don't worry about it. She also called my son by my husbands name and looked at me with disgust that I asked the question. I am not happy about it and will be finding a new dr.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My DS3 had the same thing. Does it go red when your little one cries? I was told it was a vein and would go away with time and it has. I'll try find a pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son has exactly what you describe. It's just a vein and if he rubs his eyes allot (very upset or really tired) it can look worse as if he as busted it a bit or something. He has had it noticeable since birth and he is now nearly 2.5 and still has it.