+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol I'm going to go against the grain and say that yes we do, it's not a "stash" but sometimes I'll buy a dip or an expensive cheese just for dp and me to enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleIsleSMum View Post
    Lol I'm going to go against the grain and say that yes we do, it's not a "stash" but sometimes I'll buy a dip or an expensive cheese just for dp and me to enjoy.
    Same. But I wouldnt eat it in front of him. So I wouldnt buy him a cheap substitute - I just eat the expensive cheese when hes in bed. Same with chocolate & junk, we wait till hes in bed if hes already had too much junk. But I share (got no choice really) if hes awake!
    Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Though he has his stash of food too. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes and No

Super hot and Spicy food for daddy only

Coke and diet coke for mummy and daddy only

If daddy buys something special for mummy like chocolate than they have to ask or wait to be offered.

Same goes if one child is given/buys something no one else including mum and dad have to wait to offered.

Oh and there is a school treat box, that can only be eaten at school. Mum and dad are never allowed it if it goes in the box.

Any thing else is fair game.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If anything DS gets the good stuff! I only buy him organic meat but sometimes DH just gets meat from the butcher, the only thing we keep from him is the odd block of chocolate , he loves coming to the deli with me to pick our different cheeses !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The only things off-limits are some cheap packet soup (which is for emergency use only anyway) because it isn't gluten free, and alcohol. But I don't always have that either. I bought some supermarket wine for a special night with my brother this weekend for her but she is nearly 9, not a baby/toddler.

We have a 'school lunch' pack for school lunch items only, but pretty much everything is shared, even chocolate.
    Last edited by share a book; 27-03-2012 at 07:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep! Kids don't have junk food, so all chocolate, chips, lollies, soft drink, ice-cream and alcohol is ours!
    And (if i could eat dairy) I wouldn't be sharing a King Island Double Brie and quince paste with my kids. They wouldn't appreciate it, so it would be eaten after they went to bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Same. But I wouldnt eat it in front of him. So I wouldnt buy him a cheap substitute - I just eat the expensive cheese when hes in bed. Same with chocolate & junk, we wait till hes in bed if hes already had too much junk. But I share (got no choice really) if hes awake!

Oh yep we wouldn't eat it in front of her, or give her a crappy version of what we are eating

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, they are offered everything we eat. I suppose the only thing that would be off limits, is dh's chilli stuff. Other than that, no they arent offered lower quality.

But we dont eat fancy stuff anyway.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This 'seperate foods' has been in my life.

DH lived at home still with his teenage brother and sister when i first met him. Their mum would have a fridge in her room (door always locked) and keep all the 'good food' in there - nice cheese, chocolate, chips, soft drink, yoghurt, milk etc etc.

In the main fridge was powered milk, basic staples and no brand crisps.

Granted my DH, his bro and mates were always there and probably would have eaten her out of house and home - but it was a very divided mums things and our things. I didn't like it at all.

In my house as teenagers everything was equally shared and if there was one of something my dad always offered to us first. In my younger yrs with my step mum - we had our food, my step sister has special food and my dad and step mum had their own food. Eg. For lunch my real sisters and I woudl get vegemite sandwich with water, my step sister woudl get ham and salad rolls with coke and chocoalte bickies. We were told it was because they were more important then us.

From this I guess I always assumed I would never do that to any kids I had because it makes them feel crap. But I guess in reality, its probably not so bad to have special food that you eat when the kids are in bed. When my nephew is over, we always save the chocolate/chips until he is asleep.