+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess I'm just going to have to start talking about it early and say we're going to have a fancy Baby Shower probably around September because I'm due Nov and the weather will be nice.
    The more I think about it the more I want to do it but worried about anyone missing out.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love the idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it depends on who did it (as to how I would feel). If it was a not so close friend, then I would think it was great. If it was a best friend/ close family member, then I think I might be a bit upset to have not known before.

My sister got married without telling anyone (she didn't invite anyone either, so it was a bit different), and my mum and dad took it very hard.

Would you consider telling very close people, or would you want it to be a surprise for all?

In my sister's case, my mum felt hurt not to have been told about it. She felt that even if she didn't want to invite anyone then she still wanted to know about it, get a card, get excited about her daughter's wedding day, etc.

If it were my best friend/ family member I think I'd feel the same. I'd want to be 'in on it' with them, and excited about it with them, and I think I'd feel a bit robbed of that special experience.

Sorry, OP. That's just my thoughts, and your family may not feel like that at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I think it depends on who did it (as to how I would feel). If it was a not so close friend, then I would think it was great. If it was a best friend/ close family member, then I think I might be a bit upset to have not known before.

My sister got married without telling anyone (she didn't invite anyone either, so it was a bit different), and my mum and dad took it very hard.

Would you consider telling very close people, or would you want it to be a surprise for all?

In my sister's case, my mum felt hurt not to have been told about it. She felt that even if she didn't want to invite anyone then she still wanted to know about it, get a card, get excited about her daughter's wedding day, etc.

If it were my best friend/ family member I think I'd feel the same. I'd want to be 'in on it' with them, and excited about it with them, and I think I'd feel a bit robbed of that special experience.

Sorry, OP. That's just my thoughts, and your family may not feel like that at all!
    Don't be sorry, as I said I was after a range of opinions. And I'm not too sure about telling anyone at all, I would like it to be very much a surprise but I guess we will see.

I like the idea of saying dinner will be served promptly at such and such...
    I'll just tell people it's important to RSVP as we will be getting catering and don't want it to go to waste and that this will be our last baby and want them there to help celebrate a very special occasion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would tell immediate family (mums, dads, siblings) as they are family and you might find it useful to have a few people in on it to help keep the secret and even help with preparations. You never know, the patents might like to contribute financially just to help you make it that extra bit more special :-)

I haven't been in this situation, but I wouldn't be too upset if my besties had a surprise wedding. Especially in your case as you'll only have a few close people there - if you tell everyone close to you, it'll probably be majority if your guests!