+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default seeking Public hospital in Melbourne

Hello Mummies,
    I am a newbie here and a mum to be for the first time. I am originally from Canada and just moved to Melbourne 1 month ago. To our surprise we found out that we were pregnant (from home test 1x clear blue and 1x first response, both positive houray) But I must say that we are a little unprepared. I would like to have some feedback or suggestion about public hospital in Melbourne. My husband has medicare but I have a private health fund which I can only be cover after the 12 months waiting period, so it's no good.
    I am guessing that I am starting my 5th weeks. what should I do next ? where should I go ?
    Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi does Canada have a reciprocal agreement with Aus? Otherwise you may not be able to use a public hospital for free...

First step is to see a GP who can refer you. I am going to the Royal Women's but it can depend on where you live as to whether they accept you.

Good luck and congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Hi does Canada have a reciprocal agreement with Aus? Otherwise you may not be able to use a public hospital for free...

First step is to see a GP who can refer you. I am going to the Royal Women's but it can depend on where you live as to whether they accept you.

Good luck and congratulations!
    I don't think Cananda do, so you will probably have to pay. I would call Royal Women's and talk to admin there and ask them all of your questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speak to the Royal Women's Hospital. I delivered there and I chose Hospital Care after my Shared Care was disastrous! They are a fantastic hospital, however, unless you live within a 2-5kms radius within their zone, you'll need a referral from your GP to go there.

Good luck and PM me if you need any further details about the Women's...they're FANTASTIC!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I will give Women's Hospital a call and see what they say . Hope I can get in. Fingers cross.