+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Having a baby in Bunbury WA?

hi there,
    I'm moving to Bunbury WA from Ireland and I was wondering what birth options are available to me?

From my research it looks like Bunbury District Hospital is it and i really really don't want another hospital birth. My heart was set on a waterbirth in a birthing centre and I would be heartbroken if that's not an option.

Any help or advice you could give would be great thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Piccolo,
    Congrats on your big move, Bunbury is a lovely area to live.
    I'm not sure if there is any birthing centres in Bunbury, as far as I'm aware it's only the hospy, however u may be able to arrange a home birth if you wanted one. I had my last baby in Busselton, half hour south of Bunbury. I will see what I can find out for you & post again with any info.
    When do you move & when are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bunbury babies

Hi 2baby bears,
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help. Home Birth doesn't seem to be the done thing in WA? Very low % of women doing it it seems. It's not exactly very popular here in Ireland either but would be higher % than WA.

I'm moving end of May and here's the laugh....I'm not actually pregnant yet! I'm on 2 week wait at the mo after assisted ovulation so fingers crossed but I just want to know what's available to me for when it does happen.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I gave birth in Bunbury Regional and I have nothing but good things to say about it all!
    The midwives were all too happy to accommodate me, I requested no internals and they were more than happy with that! They pretty much left me to my own devices and were there if I needed them. They do water births too.
    I found them to be very low intervention.
    What I also REALLY liked is the fact they do various 'courses', from memory there was a water birth one, a breast feeding one and possibly a hypnobirthing one. It was important to me to have good attachment with DD2 before I left hospital and they got their lactation consultant to come see me to help me if need be after the birth.

As I said vey accommodating in so many ways. It didn't feel like I was giving birth in a hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls.....that is great news, I'm delighted you can have waterbirth in Bunbury Regional!! I would happily go there now. Active Management of Labour is very much the policy in Irish maternity hospitals so my first experience was a fight to say the least! I look forward to having a baby in WA now!!