I had a D&C done due to a missed miscarriage on 1st March and have been waiting patiently (not!)to ovulate. Because we had no idea when I would ovulate, I've been testing since around 12th March. According to my ob he said to treat the day of the D&C as CD1. So testing began CD12 and I have every day since gotten only one line in the control window. Today I did another test (CD20) and I got two pink lines! Granted it was more faint than the test line but it was definitely there. Now I know they say that if the line is more faint than the test line then you still haven't had your LH surge but why is it then that every other day I only had one line and now I have two? Does this mean that ovulation will happen over the next couple of days? I'm so confused and totally freaking out as I don't want to miss ovulation.
Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
20-03-2012 17:17 #1
Desperately need help about OPK's!!
21-03-2012 07:14 #2
21-03-2012 07:33 #3-
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
For me in the lead up to ovulation I would start to get a second line that would gradually get darker until eventually it was dark enough for a positive.
Just keep testing until you get your positive OPK
21-03-2012 07:34 #4
sorry to hear about your loss, i went through the same thing in 2009 and have been ttc on and off since.
OPK are a bit wierd - some women find they never get a true positive.
For me when I used them I did the following
- started testing on CD10 and tested daily
- don't use FMU, I used to test around 2pm each day
- don't drink toooooooo much a couple of hrs before you test and try to hold on to your wee for 4 hrs (if possible but not essential)
- i am someone who always gets a 2nd line from CD10 onwards (never tested earlier so odn't know if i wouldn't get a 2nd line then)
- I do get a POS OPK - the test line is definately darker then the control line.
- For me this is normally around CD13ish?
- OPK picks up LH (some hormone that cause ovulation), a POS OPK shows an LH surge so in theory once you get a true positive you should ovulate within the next 24-36hrs.
- when I get close to a positive OPK I test a couple of times a day, say 9am, 12noon, 3pm, 7pm ish because it is very easy to miss the surge and just think you are never getting a true positive
- having said ALL THAT - I know women who are on clomid which is a drug the makes you ovulate and they still don't get POS OPK.
I will try to find some pics to link to give you an idea.
Also, there is a conception section on the hub which may get more traffic then the prgenancy section - perhaps ask the mods to move this post for you.
21-03-2012 07:38 #5
sorry i have deleted all my OPKs out of my profile, i have them at home on my lappy will put some up tonight for you.
21-03-2012 09:37 #6
Yes it means ovulation could happen over the next 24-36 hours. I would keep testing every 6 hours until you get to strong lines.
By mum2alex1 in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 42Last Post: 06-01-2012, 10:24
By brooke88(mum2b09) in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 27-12-2011, 10:02
By brooke88(mum2b09) in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 0Last Post: 26-12-2011, 16:25
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Same sex parents or parents to be chat!Same Sex Parents
Happiness thread.General Chat
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat
any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?Endometriosis Chat
Missed miscarriage... waiting, waiting, waitingPregnancy Loss Support
Flying with a 7 month old - overnight or during day better?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Am I the only thread killer??General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat