+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heavy growth of gardnerella vaginalis ( bacterial vaginosis )

Hey guys I am just freaking out right now. I just found out after 5 months of trying I am 2 and half weeks pregnant. Yay but before I found out I got gardnerella vaginalis another name for it bacterial vaginosis and I still have it now. I found out that It can make you have a very premmie baby. Is this true? Has anyone else had this before and have a full term baby? I'm freaking out cause I have a bad heavy growth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BV is a very very very common condition in many women. 3 in 10 women have it regularly and most labs dont even report it on a pap smear if present.

Its easily cleared up by antibiotics. Its a condition caused by the pH changes in the vagina. Most pregnant women get it at some point and it goes away. And if you do treat it - it might still pop up in few months.

Whilst BV is linked pre term deliveries there is insufficient evidence to point to any specific link.

please dont stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you Clear it up. Would it stop premmie labor. And stop anything happening. I'm just so panicy I have tried so long for this pregnancy it's just worried me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this in my 1st pregnancy & had a course of antibiotics around 20weeks ( thats when it was discovered). After that i took inner health plus. My baby was born at 35 weeks probably unrelated to bv.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now before I start I really do not wish to scare you and everyone is different and this is simply my story but please please please get this checked out asap.

I had recurrent BV for 12 months prior to my pregnancy. DH and I fell pregnant after 4 cycles and we were stoked. I contracted another round of BV about the time we found out I was expecting and went to see my GP. He told me it would go away on it's own and not to worry about it. Apparently antibiotics kill all the bacteria (good and bad) and the bad bactieria grows back quicker than the good bacteria hence why women get recurrent BV. I said I still wanted the antibiotics and he didn't give them to me saying let's wait it out. I then contracted a UTI and was finally given antibiotics. To cut a long story short I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. I have since found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency and that that is most likely what has caused the recurrent BV. Recurrent BV has been linked to miscarriage and that is information from my OB. Not proven as such but more often than not, it is the case. I am currently in the process of lodging a formal complaint against my now ex-GP through the NSW Health Care Complaints Commission.

Again, this is not to scare you as there is every chance you will be fine but I just want you to push your GP to treat you and make sure you have a vitamin D blood test done. Push for it at least to ease your mind. If my experience can save someon from the pain I've had to endure, then the loss of my angel baby won't be in vain.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm struggling with that too. It's not fun.
    Smells quite nasty too.

It's been a recurring thing for me. My vit D levels are fine.. I think it's a reaction to my partner's semen, as it seems to flare up after lovemaking. Especially if we don't use protection.

Lol it seems as if the introduction of anything from the outside world caused a flare up with me!

I'm hoping for some natural treatments, as I've had no positive experiences taking the antibiotics. I found this wonderful stuff.. kolorex horopito.. pretty much destroys anything icky down there. Thrush and BV be gone! But it's "not recommended" in pregnancy (Not enough research to know it's safe, kinda thing) so I'm reluctant to use it at the moment.

I know that douching with ACV and tea tree works a treat.. but again, I am not sure of their safety in pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since it is a common disease in women so finding some natural solution will be helpful a lot. Because natural remedies don't give any side-effect, and they can remove the problem from the root.

Wearing breathable cotton underwear will also be very helpful here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got this when I was 25 weeks pregnant. I went into premature labor. We were able to stop the labour but I was on bed rest for 8 weeks. Bub arrived at 37w2d