+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Foe those who have noisey sleeping babies!

As the title sugests my little one is the noisest sleeper! I am just wondering for those who have babies like mine, how do you block the noise out?! Do you shut your door ( if you have baby monitors ). We have baby monitors as he is in his own room ( he's 11 weeks ) but i can hear him grunting and carrying on after 3am in the morning ( thats the time he gets most restless ). Im finding it almost impossible to get sleep even though he is asleep, because he is so incredibly LOUD! So how do you block out the noises bubs make?
    Cant believe how noisey sleeping babies are!!!! LOL

Thankyou for in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our DS was the same when he was very little. He would make hideous loud noises which we likened to a penguin every few minutes! He was sleeping in our room at the time and it would wake me up constantly.

Thankfully he stopped after a few months. I don't have any suggestions really, but just wanted to reassure you that he will probably become a quieter sleeper soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    You get use to it and then they quiten down anyway. I personally wouldn't be putting them in a seperate room, but thats me. Increasing the SIDS risk would keep me awake more than the baby noises

Hes been in his own room since week 4 and has done just fine in there. He has always been a loud sleeper though, even when he was in our room. I just havent seemed to gotten use to the noises yet. Its only from 3am onwards as thats when he is in his lightest sleep im gathering.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Our DS was the same when he was very little. He would make hideous loud noises which we likened to a penguin every few minutes! He was sleeping in our room at the time and it would wake me up constantly.

Thankfully he stopped after a few months. I don't have any suggestions really, but just wanted to reassure you that he will probably become a quieter sleeper soon
    Thanks so much Moosie! I cant wait for him to quieten down a little bit. lol!! Its good to know that he should stop in a few months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep noisy as!! We just moved into our own room and this has helped a lot! I think also a combination of me getting used to it and perhaps he is settling down a bit as well. During the evenings we also use a video monitor rather than an audio when watching tv and I find this helps me stop jumping up to every little noise I hear. A friend has used ear plugs which block out lots of noise but she can still him cry and get up when needed. It will get better!