Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I don't find racists entertaining.
    Me neither

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gee, ohdear, if you would prefer the "extra benefits" - go ahead, but I don't think you would be well off.

I grew up in a racist country. I have racist parents. I mean really, really racist parents. My mother once cut a picture of an old aboriginal out of a newspaper and put it on her fridge. She would laugh at it and tell anyone that visited about her 'mate'. Such a vile piece of work.

I hate racism
    Last edited by Guest1234; 15-03-2012 at 21:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yuck to some of the ignorant comments in this thread, particularly being proud of being racist That's about as polite as I can summon atm

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (16-03-2012),BigRedV  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    my point exactly should be on a case my case basis, because I am against what one person/family did to that individual as shown in the insight add does not mean I am against that race completely

just because I am against that action and others similar does not mean I am racist hence why it does not bother me what others post
    Pretty sure that wasn't your point at all. Or if it was, you made it very poorly. What you said seemed to me (and I suspect to most people reading this) to say that arranged marriages are awful because the women in these relationships are raped 4 times a day. It's not the fault of the form of marriage or the culture that supports these sort of arranged marriages that is at fault: it is that individual man. Same as the individual men in non-arranged marriages.

The racist portion of your post is attributing a particular offence (rape) to particular groups of people (Muslims, particularly, as that is a culture within which arranged marriages are dominant).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    What you said seemed to me (and I suspect to most people reading this) to say that arranged marriages are awful because the women in these relationships are raped 4 times a day.

The racist portion of your post is attributing a particular offence (rape) to particular groups of people (Muslims, particularly, as that is a culture within which arranged marriages are dominant).
    Speaking about one women as shown on the insight add
    insight being what this thread was originally about
    not my so called racist views

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    So are these your actual views or are you just trying to get a bite?

It's a wee bit silly to intentionally say something utterly abhorrent and then find it amusing that people find what you say abhorrent.

Abhorrent things are abhorrent. Kind of obvious, right?
    I don't want to get this thread closed but these sentiments have been expressed before... so not trolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    people getting all worked up you can hold a carrot to some and they bite
    What an odd saying.
    Yeah I guess racism does "work me up", sorry I can't be as laid back about cruelty as you can.
    Last edited by Alexander Beetle; 15-03-2012 at 22:03.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MegaGuts  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    also depends on your view of cruelty

working in a nursing home sure changed my view about that and yes its multicultural

employing a so called racist wonder that's not a crime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here's a scenario where I think the phrase would be appropriate.

Lets suppose there is a minority group in an area that is subject to racist treatment by the public and the authorities. As a result they band together an protect their own against these oppressors. Consequently, outsiders become afraid of offending someone in this group for fear of vigilante retribution.

Identifying the group by race, is not racist in and of itself. Realising ones fear of that particular group is again real and not racist in and of itself. However, seeing one person of that race, whom you have no knowledge whether they may or may not be part of that group, and automatically assuming they are part of that group and thus worthy of your fear IS racist.

That is my opinion of where the fine line gets crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    also depends on your view of cruelty

working in a nursing home sure changed my view about that and yes its multicultural

employing a so called racist wonder that's not a crime
    I'm well aware if the ins and outs of nursing homes, thanks. Are you making a reference to the fact that a high number of PCA's are Indian and African? What's your point? And what does that have to do with your comments about Aboriginals?