Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Harper - Is it a Boy or Girl name?

Hi All,
    I am due to have baby no. 2 on 26/11/05. We do not know the sex of the baby so have to have a name for either. I like the name HARPER - but I wondered if people would think it is more of a girls or boys name?
    What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Rhiannon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Harper Lee wrote the novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" and was female. However, to me it sounds like a unisex name - just do what makes you happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi Rhiannon!

It's so terribly hard choosing baby names, isn't it?
    We still don't have one chosen & we have 25 days til I'm due & we KNOW it's a girl! This hasn't made it easier at all!

As for the name Harper. I've just taken a look in my baby names book (they're all quite current) & 3 out of 4 of them have it listed under "boys names", the 4th book was really small & didn't have it listed at all.

When I first saw it I also thought of it as a boys name. But in this day and age there are so many names now that are becoming uni-sex that I'm not sure if it really matters too much! (Although I still like girly names for girls!) Good luck with your choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow what a nice name!! I think you could use it as both boy or girl! When I first saw it I thought girl, not sure why?! But I think it is very versatile!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    When I read the name "Harper" I thought of a boy.
    Not sure why - but just sounds like a boy name to me!
    Cheers
    Belinda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thats a cute name. Although it does sound unisex, i think it'd suit a girl better

RB

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you could use it on either, but it sounds a bit more of a girls name. JMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like Nickster, I thought of Harper Lee and "To Kill a Mickingbird". But it's a name that could be used for a girl or a boy. It's a great name either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought of Harper as a boy's name when i first saw it - and it's a nice name too. I love name's that are uncommon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi
    i luv the name Harper for boy or girl. when i had my bub it was down to either harper or elliot. and we knew we were having a girl. we ended up going for elliot cause u can shorten to elli or elle and is a bit more girly? but id use it for either sex (maybe next time)
    go for it
    leighsa