+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default maternity bras

Just wondering how you know the correct size for a maternity bra? I'm currently a 14DD-E (but not pregnant I'm a 12 D-DD)

I'm 28 weeks and I don't know yet if I'm going to breastfeed, however normal bras are getting a little uncomfortable and i want to have a couple just in case I decide to breastfeed...

I've tried on a couple but they just didn't seem to fit right or be very supportive, so now i'm wondering how I know if I've got the right size? and if i buy one size now, will the size change enough to need to buy another if I breastfeed? Can you also recommend a good brand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine are Panache. A few places sell them online. I was 16E prior to pregnancy. Once I had to switch to wireless bras (the bones were killing me in my regular ones) I went to 18G. At around 32 weeks I got some maternity bras ready for the milk and they are 18HH. They fit perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to add, I got mine from Big Girls Don't Cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a 16e now and I'm 26 weeks, I've got lots of different ones some from bendon which are great and some others I got from hot milk which I also love

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stayed the same size from about 16 weeks until I gave birth, and then my when my milk came in went up another cup size, then once everything had settled down after a few weeks they went back to pre birth size.

When I was first breastfeeding I wore more feeding singlets than bra's as the access is easier and feeding is frequent. Once I was more comfortable and going out more I wore more bra's.

Feeding tops I got from target and the best bra I got was Lovable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks girls, i'll have a look for some of those brands... but how do you know if they are a good fit?? I like really supportive bras and none of the mat bras i've tried on feel very supportive, so i'm not sure on how to size properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went from 12B underwire bras to 14B wirefree at about 10 weeks. It felt weird wearing the wirefree at first, but got used to it quickly. I just bought some 14C nursing bras this week. You should be able to slip your fingers in the cups easily to give you enough room when your milk comes in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This one isn't a maternity bra but its super comfy for me at the moment, the Berlei Barely There bra. Not the sexiest bra I've every worn but totally practical

http://www.berlei.com.au/shop/berlei...our-y250n.html

I've gone from 12c to a 14E in the past few months (yep ouch) baby isn't even nearly here yet so I'm all about comfort and i'll worry about function later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree- berlei Barely There are comfy. For feeding, I moved straight into Bonds feeding singlets with the built in feeding bra. These were awesome- they double as a top, you can wear them to bed or throw a cardy or jacket over the top during the day. I think other brands make these as well.