+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi I am new

Hi,

I am new on the forum. I am pregnant with my third. My first was full term and 5yrs old and my 2nd a preemie and 4 years old. This pregnancy was completely unplanned but very welcome.

I hope it is fine to ask for advice. Since I did not expect to be pregnant again I gave all my baby and maternity stuff away. We are also new to Aus so I have no idea where to get reasonable priced maternity clothes. I don't want to spend a fortune as I will probably not have another baby. I am 16 weeks prg and bursting out of my pants, and honestly shopping is a scary thing for me...(I know weird for a female)...so if I can just go to one store and get stuff there it would be great.

ok, I hope that is enough info.

Zanne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am 30weeks & so far I've only bought 2 maternity bras & 1 maternity singlet from Target- they had a special on so they were all reduced to $20 each.

I am the same, I am really loath to spend $$ on maternity clothes. I'm a Witchery member & I just take advantage of their sales & special offers and buy the next size up, hopefully I can just belt stuff once I return to my 'normal' weight (fingers crossed that happens!)

Maybe try eBay? Or would any of your friends have larger/maternity wear they'd pass on to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

Target's pretty good for cheaper maternity clothes. I know big w has them also but am not sure how nice they are.

A friend of mine bought 2 pairs of pregnancy jeans from jeans west or just jeans for $99. They are part of their normal range and look great on!

eBay is pretty good for second hand stuff too :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies, I was at LAke Joondalup Target and they did not have much. I will try a different one to see what they have also. I have not been to Big W, will go there at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Joondalup has crap maternity, Whitfords target has a good selection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also do you have a trade secret near you? I was there today and there seemed to be quite a bit of maternity wear there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Thank you Nemo, I will have a look.

I went to Target Whitfords yesterday and Big W, and it is not my kind of things, maybe get a denim and leggings later. I got a bando and bellybelt...I love those...it helps to take my own clothes a bit further. I found a place near me with normal clothes with space that will work for my prg and after so even though it is a bit more exspensive than target I actually like the stuff and can wear it after....hopefully I wont end up having a bump stretch in everything..lol