+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to find student midwife

Hey probably the section but hey ho! I am thinking of getting a student midwife to accompany me in my journey through pregnancy but I don't actually know how to find one! I am on the south side of Brisbane and birthing at Logan and would love to help a student achieve some of their course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe contact your local uni? University of Queensland? I am not sure what other uni's are in Brisbane. Most offer a Bachelor of Midwifery.

The students need to have them teed up pretty early in the semester, but its only week 3 so I assume that some are still looking!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found my student midwife this time round on Gumtree! She had an ad which came up when I searched it.

I agree with PP though to contact the local Uni that offers midwifery. They will gladly match you up with someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2alex1 View Post
    Hey probably the section but hey ho! I am thinking of getting a student midwife to accompany me in my journey through pregnancy but I don't actually know how to find one! I am on the south side of Brisbane and birthing at Logan and would love to help a student achieve some of their course
    Hi, Griffith Uni students are placed mainly at Logan, Redlands and Gold Coast Hospitals. You can either email Griffith uni (studentmidwife@griffith.edu.au) or phone 33821272 or complete an online form at http://www.griffith.edu.au/health/sc...fery/resources
    There are also pamphlets near the antenatal clinic reception desk at Logan Hospital that you can write your details onto and place into a Griffith uni box.

Thank you for wanting to help a student. This allows us to see many facets of pregnancy and becoming a new mum from your perspective. It is such a privilege to share in your experiences and feelings throughout your journey and to be able to offer extra support.
    Last edited by Brunfelsia Dreaming; 13-03-2012 at 14:27.