+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My first Nappy bag was an OiOi, which I think I payed just over $100 for on eBay. I loved it, but since falling pregnant with #2, decided to get something a little bigger. While doing my research, I came across one of those controversial $400 nappy bags... an Il Tutto. I absolutely fell in love! I managed to find one that was a good deal under RRP, and snapped it up. I don't spend money on myself, and had a bit of cash saved up from birthdays and Christmases etc, so I thought "Why the hell not!?" I use my nappy bag pretty much every day, and the great thing about the Il Tuttos is that they don't look like nappy bags, so I'll be using this even after it is no longer a nappy bag.

By no means do I sit in a mansion watching my piles of money grow. I don't have an expensive pram, and a lot of my nursery furniture (and other baby purchases) I bought second hand off eBay. Yes, my nappy bag purchase was a bit of a splurge. Do I feel guilty?! Hell no! I love my nappy bag, and I am glad that I spent my birthday/Christmas money on something special. I am also pretty stoked with the bargain that I got on my bag too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Ryco one from Target. Its the messenger style that I really like, it is a gorgeous red and looks like it will hold a fair bit. I've yet to use it, but it was my very first baby purchase

It was $50 and is really light, can be cleaned easily and if it breaks then I'm not too worried since there are a lot of absolutely beautiful nappy bags I would love to get on Ebay as well

I was considering springing for a leather one. I absolutely love leather bags (so nice to the touch and they are very long lasting, plus are easy to freshen up with some nice leather conditioner) but decided to go the cheaper route until I see how much room I will really need, and if I would rather a different style. There are heaps of beautiful cloth ones too that are really catching my eye lately

You never know, maybe the one I have will be perfect for me and I'll just stick with it . I kind of love bags though so I think it will be very tough to just stick to one, especially with so many great choices on the market

Edited to add, I love how they look like normal bags these days, I never liked the baby print ones
    Last edited by Amiedoll; 13-03-2012 at 14:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma Duck View Post
    My first Nappy bag was an OiOi, which I think I payed just over $100 for on eBay. I loved it, but since falling pregnant with #2, decided to get something a little bigger. While doing my research, I came across one of those controversial $400 nappy bags... an Il Tutto. I absolutely fell in love! I managed to find one that was a good deal under RRP, and snapped it up. I don't spend money on myself, and had a bit of cash saved up from birthdays and Christmases etc, so I thought "Why the hell not!?" I use my nappy bag pretty much every day, and the great thing about the Il Tuttos is that they don't look like nappy bags, so I'll be using this even after it is no longer a nappy bag.

By no means do I sit in a mansion watching my piles of money grow. I don't have an expensive pram, and a lot of my nursery furniture (and other baby purchases) I bought second hand off eBay. Yes, my nappy bag purchase was a bit of a splurge. Do I feel guilty?! Hell no! I love my nappy bag, and I am glad that I spent my birthday/Christmas money on something special. I am also pretty stoked with the bargain that I got on my bag too!
    I could have written this exact post. I love my il tutto and I do own a bugaboo, but all DD's clothes come from eBay (super cheap and barely worn) so I do save heaps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma Duck View Post
    I absolutely fell in love! I managed to find one that was a good deal under RRP, and snapped it up.
    Where from!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saved $50 on the il tutto by buying at baby expo. They had a 20% off expo sale

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used my old school bag which was still in perfect condition and was a sachet type bag I got in year 11 on the front of a magazine mega bargain and did the job perfectly.

By the time DD was 12 months though I simply chucked a nappy, nags and wipes in my handbag and that was enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    For DD it was a gift, for DS1, it was a $30 target bag and for DS2, I got an OiOi bag on sale for $90 and I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just got a $30 one from target (or was it $50) it was a simple nappy bag with one large zip enclosure one on the outside flap. One extra I side. A insulated bottle holder one side and a net pocket on the other. I loved it, it did the job. I think it came in black and burgundy from memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those who asked... I got mine off eBay. Gotta love people selling unwanted gifts.