+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got one from target which was on sale for $30 but it broke 2 weeks into using it, got that fixed and then a week later the other side broke so got a new one from big w for $30 again. I hate it coz I can't zip it up there's just not enough room but the straps were sturdy (I am one of those people that is prepared for everything :-) my husband used to say that if I ever got lost anywhere I'd be right for months with all the stuff I had in my bag, I liked to call it my Mary Poppins bag coz I wished I could fit as much in there as her :-). I only carry for me now my purse, phone and keys everything in the bag DS needs) I have a slight bag obsession, because they always fit unlike clothes or shoes bags do not care if you are fat or thin or have a big foot or a little foot.
    The one nappy bag I would love is $400, its a storksak??, but I can't afford it so I'm hoping that a bag fairy delivers me one one day haha I can dream cant I???
    I am not one to care about brands or designers I like what I like and if people don't like me for how I dress or my accessories then oh well no bother each to their own. But I do wish I could spend $400 on a nappy bag. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I assume it's not the Silver Cross Balmoral that you are referring to here? It's the most expensive pram on the Australian market at around $4000, but I've never heard anyone call it ugly or uncomfortable.
    I had to look it up. I'm not a fan. I think it looks really impractical and I hate to say it, but ugly. But that's why motherhood is awesome - we all like different things

I bought a $40 nappy bag from target and hated it. Nowadays it's a wetbag with a few nappies and wipes thrown into the bottom of my handbag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been led to believe that I am getting a rather snazzy leather one for my 30th next month! Looking forward to it! Surely it's just the same as getting a nice new regular bag or jewellery or something? People always prioritise those purchases differently and spend different amounts on them. Each to their own I say! Do what works for you and your family (and budget). I don't think it's a waste if it is well loved and well used and brings happiness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Great post!!

Every thread I read lately turns nasty
    I know! That's why I just usually read when I come on Bubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Lol i didnt expect to come back to see some of those posts.

I originally started it to see if i could jusitfy spending 100 bux on myself.

I think if a mum has the money to buy a super expensive nappy bag then whats the prob? just like if it really isnt important to another and they want to carry their kids stuff in a plastic bag, there shouldnt be a prob there either.

Such judgement in what was meant to be a harmless thread.

I don't have the $$$... I was going to lay-by & go without a few things I would normally buy myself without thinking, you know... all the stuff you don't need in the $2 shops (& then when I finally have it, I'll probably swap it for the cheaper Il Tutto anyway! ).

Funny you started this thread... I was just thinking yesterday if I could justify spending the money on myself & hey presto this thread was there! So... are you getting the $100 bag, DE?

Thanks
    Reviews
    $80 on a Vanchi which I sold a few months after DS was born. It was faux leather and so heavy. But they make lovely bags. Replaced it with an $80 OiOi which I love. It's just their signature print on material and looks a little like the Oroton one which I coveted but couldn't afford. We also have a Kapoochi which was $70 from Big W.

I love gorgeous nappy bags. My dream one was a Storksak but I couldn't justify the cost. More power to those who could!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We got a Kapoochi for $100.00. It's a quality functional bag, and not too feminine for my DH to use! It has a smaller backpack that can be zipped off and used separately too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never seen the Oroton bag... where is it available from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HG98 View Post
    I assume it's not the Silver Cross Balmoral that you are referring to here? It's the most expensive pram on the Australian market at around $4000, but I've never heard anyone call it ugly or uncomfortable.

Tell you the truth, the one thing I hate seeing is people with $20 Big W strollers with no recline that are using them for newborns. Those strollers are designer for 1 year + and I shudder everytime I see a new baby hunched over in one.

A nappy bag can't raise a child (I wish!) but I love my designer bags.

So...what about those $100+ custom cloth nappes out there, hey? The perfect accessory for a $20 nappy bag!
    I take no notice of brands, but it was over 2k (the most expensive I have seen is not necessarily the most expensive on the market) and did not lay fully back, had no basket, the shade cover was really thin so it was almost transparent and looked like it had been put together in a garage by an 8yo using spare parts from cars, furniture and whatever else was laying around. I bought a $250 birth to 4 year one which was safe, comfortable for bub, easy to push and steer, easy to fold and I used it for years before giving it to my cousin's daughter who used it for her first but sold it to buy a double pram when she had 2 under 16 months.

Anyway, this is about nappy bags, and mine suited our needs even if I spent very little on it. I admit to being very unfashionable. But that's ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $400 on my oroton nappy bag. I love it!!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexta View Post
    I know! That's why I just usually read when I come on Bubhub.

I don't have the $$$... I was going to lay-by & go without a few things I would normally buy myself without thinking, you know... all the stuff you don't need in the $2 shops (& then when I finally have it, I'll probably swap it for the cheaper Il Tutto anyway! ).

Funny you started this thread... I was just thinking yesterday if I could justify spending the money on myself & hey presto this thread was there! So... are you getting the $100 bag, DE?
    If its still available next month. I just might ^_^