+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0

    Default Sleeps/naps.

    Hi girls!

    Just wondering for those out there who have 9 to 11 week olds, How many sleeps or naps per day do your babies have?

    Just curious

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,660
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked
    1,192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ds2 is 11mths now but up til he was 4mths he slept as often as he wanted too. Bubs are usually only awake for a short period of time at that stage otherwise they get overtired, I would just go with the flow.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    My 10 week old has 4 sleeps - one btwn each feed, about an hour and 15 after he wakes. They last about 40 mins to 2 hours. Sometimes it takes ages for him to go down though due to his reflux...

    Yours?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,726
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked
    479
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is 14 months now, but at that age he could only handle about 1 hour awake time. He didn't sleep for very long, so it would have worked out around 4 or 5 sleeps a day I think.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

    Blessedwith3boys  (12-03-2012)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Thankyou for the responses DS will usually have 4-5 a day but he has been getting really frustrated and fighting to sleep so im thinking he is staying up more than he should. He will go an hour and a bit before he gets grizzly..

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewbeginnings View Post
    Thankyou for the responses DS will usually have 4-5 a day but he has been getting really frustrated and fighting to sleep so im thinking he is staying up more than he should. He will go an hour and a bit before he gets grizzly..
    I'm glad you posted this question as I've been wondering the same thing, my DS was sleeping for longer periods during the day, now I try to put him down when he appears tired but he not staying down as long as he used to or he is fighting going to sleep making him over tired I think...
    Last edited by babyla; 12-03-2012 at 09:46.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm wondering what other people's sleep routines are during the day?? Ours is all over the place sometimes in his cradle, sometimes in his pram in the lounge, would love some tips

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,660
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked
    1,192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm wondering what other people's sleep routines are during the day?? Ours is all over the place sometimes in his cradle, sometimes in his pram in the lounge, would love some tips
    I had a bassinet for ds until 4mths and he would sleep wherever, easy to wheel the bassinet around the house, very convenient and he was very snug and comfy in it. At 6mths I moved him to the cot in his room and that's where he slept every time. I soon transitioned him into a morning sleep and an afternoon sleep at the same times, he would usually get tired around those times anyway so obviously in tune to when his sleep times were. I also walk a lot and bub was very happy to sleep in his pram. Pretty much once he got into a routine, if he is tired he will sleep no matter whether at home or if we were out walking. He's 11mths now and sleeps well during the day and still loves his pram and walks.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Ours is all over the shop at the moment too. He was going an hour and half awake time, but i think he is getting overtired because he is fighting his sleep etc... So have been trying to go an hour and wait to see that first yawn then put him down, but hes just been through a growth spurt and very cranky so thats not working too well right now. lol.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I had a bassinet for ds until 4mths and he would sleep wherever, easy to wheel the bassinet around the house, very convenient and he was very snug and comfy in it. At 6mths I moved him to the cot in his room and that's where he slept every time. I soon transitioned him into a morning sleep and an afternoon sleep at the same times, he would usually get tired around those times anyway so obviously in tune to when his sleep times were. I also walk a lot and bub was very happy to sleep in his pram. Pretty much once he got into a routine, if he is tired he will sleep no matter whether at home or if we were out walking. He's 11mths now and sleeps well during the day and still loves his pram and walks.
    Thanks for the reply, I have him a lot in his bassinet and walking too which is good for both of us. Just wondering how did you transition him into his morning/afternoon sleep routines?


 

Similar Threads

  1. 16mth naps in 5mins, sleeps in an hour
    By Big Jilm in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-11-2012, 19:31
  2. day naps for 1 yo
    By jennibear in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 19:18
  3. 6month old day naps
    By Alimia in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 12:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Einsteinz MusicFun & interactive music classes! Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Bbt chart thread #8Conception & Fertility General Chat
Positive or evap line??Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
Positive or evap line??Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›