ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Blood when wiping and in nappy

Hi
    I changed my 19 month old daughters nappy this morning as she had done a poo (soft). There was quite alot of poo and some of it had gone around her vagina. When I wiped it clean (gently) there was blood on the wipe. It was a pinky red colour. Once all the poo was off I wiped around the entrance to her vagina really gently again and there was more. About 3 hours has passed and when I just checked her nappy then there is light streaks of red/brown blood in it. Has anyone else experienced this in their daughter? What did you do? She seems happy enough. She stops playing when she is doing a wee and stands still but doesn't really show signs of discomfort or pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent experienced this with DD, however, I do know that she used to 'play' quite roughly down there, and if I didnt file her nails properly she would end up with scratches down there.

Can you see anywhere where she might have scratched? Have you caught her playing before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi GothChick
    I couldn't see any marks or scratches. It did look red though (not nappy rash red but closer to the opening). She always has a nappy on so doesn't really have a chance to scratch herself and when she doesn't wear a nappy its at bathtime or straight after and I am always with her and I haven't seen her playing yet. Shes asleep at the moment so I am curious to see what is in her nappy when she wakes up. I wonder if she has a UTI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd sometimes gets a bit red and sore down there after she has done a really yucky poop. It has bled a little and I was concerned but just cleaned her up. Put some nappy cream on and it healed over night. I think it was just urine and yucky poop and friction in the nappy.