+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Marvellous May IVF/FET

Hi all, I know it's pretty early but I am so excited about my first IVF attempt in late May that I had to start a thread now, even if no one else is ready to come in here yet!

I'm getting married mid-April, then have a 2.5 week honeymoon in the UK, but once I get back it's just a matter of waiting for my next AF and getting the ball rolling.

We are doing ICSI with DF's frozen sample from about six years ago, as he no longer produces any sperm. He has five straws in storage, so best case scenario we can do five fresh ICSI cycles before we have to worry about finding a donor. It would be my dream if I could have my desired three children using only his sperm, but his samples from back then were still extremely low count and quality, so I am very nervous that they won't survive thawing, or they'll find that there's nothing viable there to use...

But trying my best to be positive, cause I know that is very important.

Anyway, I hope that there are some other ladies who can join me in here soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will bump occasionally in case anyone is ready to join me yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heya!

Hi Sariele,
    Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding and your IVF journey!
    I'm in a similar boat...
    We hope to be starting ICSI in May.
    My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer a little while ago, so even before the chemo got to it, his count and quality was very low.
    I’ve also got PCOS... we love a challenge!
    I’m waiting another month, just so I can loss a some weight and give the acupuncture a chance.
    I look forward to joining you on your journey and wish you the best of luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ms Jo, glad that someone else will be hanging around in here too.

I'm sorry to hear about your DH's problems, and your PCOS too. I feel incredibly lucky that, according to the two tracking cycles I've done at least, my "bits" are completely normal. Hopefully it might help, but I guess everything in this journey is so unpredictable.

My DF's issue has not been diagnosed unfortunately.. our FS said that his lack of sperm production is "a bit of a mystery". We were hoping that taking menevit might help, but nothing. He went through IVF twice with his ex-wife a few years ago, and back then he still had something to work with, so we're so fortunate that he did actually freeze some back then! But as well as very low count he also had awful motility and morphology, hence my concern that the frozen stuff still might not be enough.

that neither of us will have to come back to one of these threads after our first cycle... unless it's for number 2 of course. I won't be starting til the second half of May as that's just how my cycles will work out post-honeymoon... as a matter of fact I will probably be starting around my birthday on the 21st; nice present, having to jab myself with drugs!

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello!! I'm doing my first ICSI IVF stim cycle from mid April with estimated embryo transfer start of may do I thought I'd invade two threads

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're very welcome Ally! I'm guessing I'll be in the same situation as you, as my ET (if we get a good outcome, that is!) probably won't be til June. But there's no way I'm waiting for a June thread, hehe.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    You're very welcome Ally! I'm guessing I'll be in the same situation as you, as my ET (if we get a good outcome, that is!) probably won't be til June. But there's no way I'm waiting for a June thread, hehe.
    Oh good I'm not the only one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ms Jo, just thought I'd say hello. We have a little in common, my husband was also diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 2010 and I'm currently jabbing for our first icsi cycle, I should be in the March thread but haven't posted just lurking ATM. I think I will be in Thursday for our EPU. Good luck with your cycle and if you have any questions feel free to ask... It is tough to deal with Cancer then Icsi it's been a long road

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Ally and kmvw!

Kmvw thank you for sharing, it means a lot to me knowing that their are lovely ladies out there going through similar journeys.
    I would very much appreciate it if you could keep me posted on your progress.
    Wishing you all the very best