+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Why do some girls think they can lead partnered men astray?

So last night I discovered a FB conversation between DP and some girl. HE said nothing wrong... she added him, he accepted, and then he asked her who she was... saying she looked familiar but couldn't place her. Turns out they weren't to primary school together. I have no issues with this.

The conversation is, as it always is in these sorts of situations... boring and dull. "So what have you been up to?" "Oh, I work doing this now..." "Oh cool, I do this..." blah blah.

Then she just starts going on about she thinks he's hot. How they should meet up. How she wants his number. Blah blah.

The fool gives it to her (I am angry about this, and he knows it), and she messages him about how good looking he is, blah blah, how he should leave me for her, they should meet up and have fun etc.

When he has responded to her, it's been, "haha," or something, not "yeah we should," or anything, and last night, I was furious, but after going through everything, I truly believe he was innocent but perhaps enjoyed her compliments (I would too tbh), but is not interested. He even sent a message to someone else laughing about this girl's attempts to lure him away from me, and laughs about how she's delusional if she thinks that will happen, etc... so I'm okay with HIS side of it. I have asked, however, that he cease contact with her. Given she seems like an uneducated, bogan twit, he's perfectly fine with this... and I trust him. I explained though, that his actions have made him look a bit guilty, even if he hasn't done anything wrong... because surely he'd be unimpressed if some guy was cracking onto me and then when he asked for my number, I obliged. He understands. Blah blah.

I am just so annoyed that there are girls out there who think that behaving like this is acceptable. Or even a good idea. If for no other reason than to protect themselves, they shouldn't do this. Any man who goes, "Sure, I'll leave my partner for you relative stranger," is a twit, and you shouldn't want to be with a guy like that anyway.

I'm also angry at DP for doing something so dumb... even though, as I said, his part in it was fairly innocent, I think he probably liked the attention and that's why he would have allowed it to continue without telling her to get stuffed... but he didn't engaged in that kind back-and-forth flirting, so I'm happy enough with that part... but just angry that he caused me to freak out last night. That he didn't say, "Listen, if you're going to be like this, then I'm going to defriend you," or something.

Mostly, this is just a bit of a rant because I needed to voice it somewhere... and I'm sure people will probably assume he truly is cheating, blah blah... it's impossible, as this girl lives about 1/2 hour away and DP spends majority of his week at the mines... when he's home, he's home... so there's no cheating, and there was certainly no evidence of him looking like he wanted to cheat either - he has no reason to hide that info because I don't usually have access to his facebook or phone...

But bleh. I'm just annoyed. She has ruined my weekend by being a scrag. He has contributed to ruining my weekend by letting her ramble on without pulling her up.

And, I know this is SO IMMATURE AND PETTY - but I am prettier than her. Not that she knows that. But seriously, she is not attractive. Not intelligent, not anything. She's an idiot if she thinks she stands a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my God, that is completely poor form! What kind of person openly suggests stuff like; "You should leave your DP for me".

There are clearly no flies on her, but if you look closely you can see where they've been.

Horrible, horrible actions IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a *****! Some girls just want the ego boost to know they COULD lure a man away from his wife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think your DP would cheat by his responses and basically bagging her to a mate. So if people assume that it's a bit silly.

As for this m0le! I hate how chicks think this is ok. We're supposed to have each others backs (that's me being naive I know) not do crap like that.

I had one of my SIL friends hit on my DH when I was 7 months pregnant. I just wish I have witnessed it. Would have been an interesting night for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah its crap. I hate it when people act like that. And I hate it when people say she has nothing to do with it and 'owes you nothing' as he is the one who has obligations towards you, not her. In my opinion we should all respect each other, based on the fact we are all people and all have feelings. Treat people how you would like to be treated and all that.

One of my closest friends had 2 kids with a man and he was seriously hunted down by a girl who was very well known for her penchant for men in his industry. He was a weak ******* who did leave his partner for this girl (and has since become a big dog which he wasn't before). When it was all happening, my friend rang her and pretty much begged her to leave them alone as they had kids and she wanted to try and work things out, to which homewrecker pretty much replied its not her problem and he can choose who he wants.

It really makes me sick, and it is a power thing, an ego boost. They think if they can 'make' a man leave his partner and kids they must be pretty special, when in reality its not that hard to look good when you are offering sexual favours 24/7, and a massive ego boost for him, compared to a wife who is struggling with the kids, bills, housework etc.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (10-03-2012),share a book  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh. Trailer trash!!!

I'd give her a call from his phone. Tell her that he is showing you all her fb and text messages and now she needs to remove his number from her phone.

She sounds like a dog looking for an ego boost!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Umm well yeh...My children's stepmum was one of these girls. So very blantant too! Couldn't get her own man so went after mine. Unfortunately (or fortunately as it all turned out better in the end anyway) we were having issues with our marriage at the time, he was feeling vulnerable and weak and all her lures and flirting worked.

So I guess they do it on the chance that it might actually work...because sometimes it actually does.

Your dp sounds like he was just trying to be polite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kinda wish a girl would say stuff like that to my dh, as he doesnt have much confidence & thinks hes ugly no woman eould want him ect (uhh hello what about me, oh yeah I dont count :/ ) but I hate when people try to ruin a relationship its simple if he has a partner back off, friendly conversation is OK unless u have feelings- completely stay away!

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh the good old bogan homewreckers they're pathetic low lives who thrive off splitting up couples to satisfy their own needs!

I know all about it, I lost my kids dad to one, and then took him back to be cheated on with her repeatedly it's all a game of winning to them... I honestly class "girls" like this lower than maggots! and what's sad is there is so many of them around these days! I worry what they are going to be like when my boys are older

Kudos to your DP though, I'd be ****ed her didn't tell her to go jump, and about the number, but for not succumbing to her lowlifeness - well like I said - kudos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree he sounds like he was just being polite but yeah I would be upset too that he didn't tell the moll off! People like that have no respect for themselves or others.