+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Give me strength!! I'm feeling like a horrible mummy this week!

Dd has been sick since Sunday... We've been to several doctors, emergency room the whole shebang! I've been vomited on more times than I can remember and changed more clothes and sheets than I can keep up with in the washing... Her sleep has been pretty much non existent which obviously means mine has been too.
    I am just not coping today! We've been at home all week recovering and I am going crazy. Thisafternoon when dh got home I just had to tell him to take her away from me
    for 5 minutes so I could regroup. I love my baby more than life itself but being cooped up for 6 days and no sleep has really tested my patience. I feel so horrible for wanting to be away from her when I know she's just been sick and just wants her mumma. Anyways, just had to vent a little. I know it's normal to feel this way but I just feel so horrible!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i sympathise with you. being holed up in the house with sick kids is the pits.

my DD's tag teamed a gastro and vomiting bug for 2wks a little while ago but their sickness also coincided with DH having foot surgery. i swear i wouldnt have been out of place in the looney bin at the end of all that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is horrible when our little ones are ill eh :-(

I hope that you all manage to get some sleep tonight and that your daughter feels better tomorrow so that you can all re-group and re-charge your batteries.

You are not a bad mum in any way - a bad mum would not have been up all night, changing sheets, losing sleep etc. I know that you know this but sometimes it is good to be told it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aww you poor thing, i know exactly how u feel, I just went thru the same thing with my 3 year old dd and then right after with my 18 mth old ds, then I myself got it... by then i thought i was going to just drop dead from all the sickness and exhaustion. Couldn't help but feel very very sorry for myself.. I have started giving my little ones the inner health plus for kids , help their tummies a bit after having gastro. hope she's ok soon, and u get that much needed rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I totally understand. We were in the emergency department last night until 2am getting DD rehydrated. She's got a cold but it was causing vomiting and she was refusing feeds. Now I've got it too and feel horrid. DH is away on a boys weekend (Grrrrrrr). Luckily mum and dad are helping out so I can get some rest.

Sometimes an hour to yourself is much needed so you can get through the other 23hrs!