+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Grrrrr I can't make up my mind about what I want to do

Ok so I know I definenty want to do some studying this year, maybe work part time as well, but I am not sure what. My sister-in-law did a retail course for 3 weeks and now has cert 3 in retail but the place she did it you can do admin too, the course is 3 weeks and it's free too. I don't know which. Or maybe both if I can?

I am also looking into youth or social work too but not sure. Arrgggghhh I hate this. lol

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, if the course is free, go for it. It doesnt matter if it leads to a good job or not, it is something for yourself, and it will be a start. It is very good for any future job prospects to see that you have been keeping busy doing things while you made up your mind for the field you finally settle on. I would be proud to show a whole catalogue of courses that you have completed, much better than just saying, I sort of think I might like to try xyz. good luck, Marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    just do one at a time. your still young and plenty of time to work out what you want to do. i am 26 and just worked out what sort of work i want to do but not sure of which direction i wish to take with where i want to go.

good luck. when does the next lot of coarses start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure when they start, I think next month. And Marie I think you are right I should just do the course, especially since it's free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi, if the course is free, go for it. It doesnt matter if it leads to a good job or not, it is something for yourself, and it will be a start. It is very good for any future job prospects to see that you have been keeping busy doing things while you made up your mind for the field you finally settle on. I would be proud to show a whole catalogue of courses that you have completed, much better than just saying, I sort of think I might like to try xyz. good luck, Marie
    I agree completely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yep I'd just go for it you'll find out at end if it's something your interested in or not. if so awesome! if not ah well something for the resume and it free so your not losing anythibg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mum2Bubba, i would love to do a retail course!
    can i please find out a little more info from you? :-)