ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love Ruby! Always makes me think of a little girl with lots of personality! It was on my list of names!

Thanks
    Reviews
    :-( I know what your going through and I have even considered legally changing it.. But she now knows her name and I couldn't do that to her.

When I was pregnant I really wanted "Olivia" my husband thought it was a great name and we agreed.
    About 2 weeks before she was born I mentioned the name "Layla" and my husband fell in love with it, I mean I liked it.. But I still had my heart set on Olivia.

When we went into the hospital to be induced my husband and I were having the same conversation we had been having for the past 2 weeks.. Should we call her Layla or Olivia??

I said I wanted Olivia, Dh said we should just wait and see her when she was born then decided what she looked like. I agreed.
    But during my pregnancy I had already been calling my Bump Olivia so I knew deep down it was Olivia I wanted regardless of what she looked like lol.

I ended up having an emergency c-section and was put under GA for it so I wasn't awake to see her being born, I was also in recovery for 4 hours with complications.

So after I was awake and some what back to normal they wheeled my back to my husband and daughter and a whole bunch of family who were all waiting for me.. The mid wife hande me my daughter and said "here's your little Layla"
    I looked at her tags.. Layla... I looked her her little plastic hospital cot.. It had Layla written on it...
    And all my family were calling her Layla! Even cards they were giving me had "Layla" on them..

I Went on Facebook a few hours later to find all these posts and emails saying "congratulations on Layla! What a lovely name ect"

When every one left I asked my Dh what the hell happened, he said when he seen her she just looked like a Layla and he got to excited when every one was asking what her name was.. He said to them "were thinking Layla" and family just started calling her Layla and it got out of control.. So he stuck to Layla!
    I remember being upset because I wanted to spell Layla "Leila" but it was already written "Layla" on cards.. My mum got us things engraved with "Layla" on it.

My husband felt pretty bad and said e would be the one to tell people they have now decided on Olivia, but I felt sorry for him and didn't want to seem like I was making a big deal over a name.. So I said I would be fine if her middle name was Olivia.

Well she is now 13.5 months old and I sometimes call her Olivia.. I know it's bad... But I really do/did love that name
    My husband said we can call her little miss Ollie as a nick name so we always do.

We have talked about changing her name, but then that will just mean I got the name I wanted and Dh wouldn't have gotten the name he wanted.. And it's not fair for her to change her name now.
    I think the best the we could have done was just come up with a different name all together!

I mean don't get me wrong I think Layla is a lovely name.. But it just never grew on me.
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 09-03-2012 at 11:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    * sorry for the spelling errors^^
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 09-03-2012 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to say Ruby Kate sounds better than Lilah Kate.
    I'd be nick naming her if you really don't like it.

My friend is Kristy but her family all call her Sam. Another girl I was friends with in school her name is Lachelle but her family call her Molly.
    So does occur

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you hate it, change it, you have the right to do that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Change it! You have every right too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    If you hate it, change it, you have the right to do that
    Agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet belle View Post
    I knew a family that changes their Childs name 4 times. All over
    The first few weeks after
    She was born. They didn't care what people thought. They would get lots of congratulations cards all with different names, it was very funny and would always give us a laugh.
    Think of it as a good story to tell
    Her when she's older
    Gosh I though I had it bad with my two name changes...imagine how many extra forms that poor person will have to fill out...there won't be enough AKA boxes on the form. Seriously, I'm pretty sure that person wont be thanking their parent for being so indecisive when they are an adult and have to fill out a Centrelink form, or have something signed by a JP and have to produce all those documents.

Changing your name does have legal implications (well if you want to stay above board anyway..)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 is named Ruby Kate and I just love love love it. When I was pregnant we had the name Isabella picked out but my sister had a baby 10 weeks before me and named her Isabelle (luckily we had never ever discussed names so it wasnt like she "stole" my name). We chose another name and I was set on that name until the day before DD1 was born when I suggested "Ruby" and hubby loved it. I did often think about the other name though cause I still loved it. Luckily for me we had another girl so I got to use it. Maybe keep Lilah for your next baby if its a girl (BTW, I adore the name Lilah....if we had another baby I would want Lilah but it doesnt go with our surname).

If you decide not to change her name, I hope you grow to love it, because it really is a beautiful name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally love Ruby. A friend of mine named her daughter Ruby Rose. Very pretty.
    So why did you have to settle for a name that you did not like? If it is because of the father, than I doubt calling her Lilah is going to go down well with him and his family.
    You can ofcourse sit down with your O/H and talk to him about it. Tell him that you've given it 7 months and you still don't like the name.
    It isn't too late to change yet. Though if you do want to change it, do it ASAP before she is 9 months as that is when they start to positively respond to their name.

Goodluck hun