+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hate my babys name

I feel really really bad and i seriously think about this every day but i HATE my 7 month old daughters name. Its not the name that i wanted so i had ro settle for something that i thought would grow on me but it just hasnt. I hate it when people ask me what her name is :-( bad mum = me!Her names Ruby Kate but i wanted Lilah Kate, i wish i got my Lilah :'-(
    Last edited by Eliot; 09-03-2012 at 02:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can sympathise I felt the same way. We named our dd very quickly. It is a beautiful name but I'd get a niggle each time I answered when people asked me "what's your daughter's name" etc. Someone I know (not a close name, an ex work mate) named their daughter what I had for an alternative and I felt sad that I hadn't picked that name etc.

But 18 months on and I couldn't imagine her not having that name iykwim. The name has become her and I love it. It's unusual but I've come to embrace that. If u have another child u can use lilah. I think ruby is a precious name. Very cute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Ruby is a cute name but if u really do 'hate' it... U can always get it changed... She's only 7 months old after all so it's not that complicated to do.. She's little enough to not be that familiar with her name so she can get used to another..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would just start calling her Lilah..and tell everyone else to too. My friend did this, her daughter's real name is Jessica, but up until 6 months ago, and I have known this woman for years, I always thought her kids name was Maddison as that is what she, and everyone else has always called her.The girl is 8 now, she knows her real name but prefers Maddy so she's so not bothered about Jessica!
    Even the school calls her Maddison, they even agreed to change her name on letters sent home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same! Not her first name though just her second name. It's Isla-Ann. I wish it was just Isla and that's what I wanted however I was persuaded to add a family name Ann. I wish it was hyphenated too.

Btw I really like Ruby Kate not that that probably makes you feel any better. Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    The same thing happened to my DH and I when DD was 4 months old my DH said to me "I wish we had called her Miley" lol. For obvious reasons we didn't use that name and I really loved my daughters name and still do. I still get comments from people who say it's a nickname etc., but it eventually grew on DH. As PP have said you can change it if you really don't like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain. I have a 12 week old DS and before he was born my DH decided that he would be named Michael after his father, (who goes by Mick.) I call our son Mikey, or just use pet names, as I'm not a fan of Michael and I really really REALLY dislike the name Mick, (sounds so bogan-ish.) I just don't like boring names and I hate that he's probably going to meet at least a dozen other Michael's in his lifetime.
    I have vowed that if we have any more kids that I get to name them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel the same about dd's middle name. I named her fast then left it but I don't like it at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

BorrisWombatWife  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you really hate it that much change it. It's really not a huge deal. She is only 7 months and she won't know.
    If I hated my kids name I would change it with out a doubt if they where still little.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

BorrisWombatWife  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ruby Kate is so cute tho!!!!

Try like it because it is 'hers' and if you have another girl you can call her Lilah.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Eliot  (19-03-2012)