ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default First week back at work after 12mths off

I survived my first week back at work after having 12mths maternity leave
    wasn't sure how it would go tbh, my replacement didn't do a very good job which I kinda knew she wouldn't, someone had used my office and left it a huge mess so once I got through all my emails, cleaned and set up my office it was all good. Now I have a backlog of work to catch up on but I love the challenge. Got into the routine in the morning which hasn't been as hard as I thought especially when dh is away. I get up first and get ready, make ds1 's lunch, I pack both boys bags the night before so that saves time, then when the boys get up they have breakfast then get dressed and out the door to drop ds2 off at daycare and ds1 off at kindy and I have time to get a coffee even

Bit inconvenient that I have to take ds2 with me to work all day Tuesday and Wednesday mornings until daycare are fully staffed... Gr don't me started on that one!

All in all I'm happy with being back at work although it's the longest I have Ben without ds2 and it was hard to leave him but he's been fine at daycare, I know I shouldn't have worried because I went through it with it with ds1. He has the biggest smile when I pick him up, it's priceless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you had a nice, smooth transition
    I'm hoping for the same when I go back next month. The thought of leaving my DD for the first time in daycare has my tummy in knots even though i I know she will be fine and I've been through it before with my DS. It was nice reading your thread and hearing a positive story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh i wish i feel the same. I will be going back to work in mid april for 2days a week but DS is starting his day care from next week.i really hope everything settles for me too. Fingers crossed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first week wasn't so successful! Meant to go back to work Mon and Tues, with Monday being my first day back. So Sun afternoon DS2's temp is up a bit. Of course. He basically went downhill fast and is now on his first course of antibiotics. DP stayed home with him on Monday so I could go to work for one day! Then I was off home with my poor little bubs. I know my boss is understanding but I feel terrible about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad everything went smoothly for your first week. Hope each week brings more of the same.

It must secretly make you feel good about your replacement not doing such a good job. Makes you more valuable at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymay View Post
    My first week wasn't so successful! Meant to go back to work Mon and Tues, with Monday being my first day back. So Sun afternoon DS2's temp is up a bit. Of course. He basically went downhill fast and is now on his first course of antibiotics. DP stayed home with him on Monday so I could go to work for one day! Then I was off home with my poor little bubs. I know my boss is understanding but I feel terrible about it!
    Oh no poor bubba. My cherub had croup for 10 days, he was supposed to start daycare the week before but didn't. Certainly throws a spanner in the works when they are sick and you have to go to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by disco86 View Post
    Ohhh i wish i feel the same. I will be going back to work in mid april for 2days a week but DS is starting his day care from next week.i really hope everything settles for me too. Fingers crossed...
    awww you will be fine and so will bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Every1sm8 View Post
    Glad everything went smoothly for your first week. Hope each week brings more of the same.

It must secretly make you feel good about your replacement not doing such a good job. Makes you more valuable at work.
    I knew from day 1 that she was not cut out for it when I gave her 2 tasks to do that had deadlines and when I asked her if she had done them when she hadn't submitted the reports she says "I havent had time" Um i had only given her 2 tasks out of the many more to come once I left so.... Yeh I expected to walk into having to rectify her sloppiness and a backlog but I'm pedantic anyway so happy to go back over everything. She left part way through her contract and they asked me to go back to work early.