+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We're getting married next month and we're paying $1500 for our photographer. The cost covers pre-wedding photos through to first dance photos (after main meal) that we receive on CDs. We're then free to print ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $4500 after a signed contract was done for $3500. He did want $9000 after the day but we argued because we said the contract and agreement was falsely advertised kind of thing. It was a mess!

We only got our photos on a disc nothing else

We were ment to get a DVD, cd, framed large photo with all the comments on it made by guests and an album. None of which we received.

He was a very "professional" (I use that loosely) well know photographer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We paid just under $1000 for a basic package - 3 enlargements, 50 5X7 prints and all photos on disc. That covered getting ready, ceremony, a few hours of just photos while guests mingled and then finished when we went into our reception room. He also spent nearly a week going through and editing the photos etc. The guy we got had only just started wedding photography, but had travelled the world and had a huge portfolio of the most beautiful landscapes, so we could see his work was good. We're in Bris, so sorry can't help with a recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think ours ended up being about $4500. It was a lot of money but worth it as I only plan on doing it once. That price included pre wedding meetings to decided on what we wanted, at least 8 hours on the day. A full CD of all the pictures and a leather wedding album that we spent half a day designing with him. So although very expensive he did have to put a lot of man hours in when u think that he had to do post day editing on all photos as well.
    His basic price was $2000,but for this I wouldn't think you would get any photos in an album, just on disc. I think a lot of them do this so make sure you factor in album costs as well if you plan on getting one, this adds up quickly depending on the amount of prints.
    Oh also included a free enlargement... although if your paying $4500 I dont think it is very 'free.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had a friend of a friend do ours. He is an amateur but has all the professional equipment and has an amazing eye. He stayed for the entire wedding till 10pm and gave us all the shots on cd. There were hundreds. He photoshopped also. The whole thing cost us $400

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We paid $4,900.

What we got was:

-Pre wedding shots

On Wedding Day:

-3 x Photographers for unlimited hours plus we went into the city afterwards & had more photos.

We received:

-2 Cds with over 10,000 photos on them
    -Large glass front magazine paged photo album
    -2 x leather bound parents albums
    - 400 prints
    - 1 x 40 x 20 print

We are still waiting on the last 3 things to come and we got married March 2009!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey
    Getting married in sept just out of Sydney and paying 1900 for all day coverage up until we leave reception. Also includes pre wedding shoot, seems like a good price for us! Met with her not long ago and she showed us her work, looks great!

Weddings are so overpriced aren't they!

Let me know if you would like more details

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid nearly $3k I think, which included 2 photographers (the "main" one and her "back up", who was her husband), getting them to travel from Canberra to the Snowy, about 4-5 hours of coverage (from getting ready to the start of the reception), one of the hardcover magazine-style albums, all 900+ edited photos on disc and a canvas print for the wall. We were very happy with it all, really the photos are all you have left at the end of the day so to me it was worth spending money on. We'll be doing pregnancy and newborn shoots with her too. The main thing is to find someone whose style you like and whose personality is one you can live with for a whole day, because you will be spending a lot of time with them! People I know who have skimped too much on the photography seem to end up regretting it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try these guys they are AMAZING!!! Www.dreamlife.net.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We paid $2900. That was from 10am- 6pm, which included my prep and DHs prep, the ceremony, location shots and a mock cake cutting..which I didn't really want, but did anyway because it was included
    We got a huge album, 4 really huge prints, 6 15 x 10 prints, 2 mini albums (just replicas of the big one) a proof album with 300 6x4 unwatermaked prints and everything on DVD. Plus a few meetings to discuss the pics we wanted blown up and the album layout.

I did pay for a photographer for my sisters wedding too..she wasn't going to have one due to $$ issues, for that I found a guy who was studying photography, he did the entire day 9-6 (she had a day wedding and reception) for $300. She got all pics on a disc..there was about 400 from memory. She then made it into a photo book, and ordered the prints she wanted at officeworks.